Fleece recommendation - Hill/dog walking

Well if you ever need to learn how to survive on one liter of water a day I'll be able to contribute to the conversation.
Water.

Surviving in it is different from surviving on it.

Being wet in the UK can kill you quicker than having none to drink in sunny climes.

D

Deleted 20555

Water.

Surviving in it is different from surviving on it.

Being wet in the UK can kill you quicker than having none to drink in sunny climes.
Oh - I never realised it was a competition.

Dont turn your nose up at an O'Neill.

I've had a Pioneer, Berghaus and Mountain Equipment, the O'Neill fleece was better than all of them, Star Fleece but it is 3 years old, dunno if they still do them, warmest ive ever been on Skye.

Well if you ever need to learn how to survive on one liter of water a day I'll be able to contribute to the conversation.

If I feel a need to hear exciting stories about being rained on - I know who to ask!!
So being new to this whole raining all the time thing - is it better to go with lightweight that dries easily or try to stay dry from the start?
Looks a little bit like you did ask.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
What did you end up with @Rod924

Btw, I picked up a pair of Montane Super Terra Pants for 22% off from Trekitt this week. Perfect for the winter.
Now't as yet. Looked at the fleece I originally mentioned but it was ridiculously heavy. Not a fan of 'Go Outdoors', but looked at the Paramo Butu windproof and discounted that: Poor fit and the material looked more like silk, so that was ruled out. Looked at a Montane, but again, across the shoulders it was tight and not comfy.

My criteria is now simple: Windproof with front OS Map pocket (s). I really quite like the look of the Arcteryx Mens Gamma AR Jacket and have seen it on line (in black) at £130.....Would like to try it on first, however may bight the bullet and order on line.

I will look at those pants now as I owe Trekitt a bit of business.

Now't as yet. Looked at the fleece I originally mentioned but it was ridiculously heavy. Not a fan of 'Go Outdoors', but looked at the Paramo Butu windproof and discounted that: Poor fit and the material looked more like silk, so that was ruled out. Looked at a Montane, but again, across the shoulders it was tight and not comfy.

My criteria is now simple: Windproof with front OS Map pocket (s). I really quite like the look of the Arcteryx Mens Gamma AR Jacket and have seen it on line (in black) at £130.....Would like to try it on first, however may bight the bullet and order on line.

I will look at those pants now as I owe Trekitt a bit of business.
With easy online returns policies nowadays, just order a couple of sizes and see which fits best. This assumes the cut is ok.

The trousers are brilliant but definitely too heavy for summer work if you're constantly moving.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Received the Arcteryx Gamma MX Jacket in black. First look and it looks a good bit of kit. Good waist pockets that are deep and the two chest pockets are a good size too. The arm pocket will good for storing the mobile or compass. The collar, whilst quite high, has a felt backing that feels comfy. The fit is 'Athletic' and I have to say it does look good on. The sleeve cuffs are elasticated and hold the garment nicely.

Obviously it's far too warm to wear it out at the moment, but I look forward to seeing how it performs in the coming weeks. I got it from the following: ARCTERYX Gamma MX Jacket Men's - ARCTERYX from The Epicentre UK and at £140, it was the cheapest I could find it on line and in the colour I wanted.

f13-gamma-mx-jacket-blackbird.jpg