Flattest place to live in GB.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A bit of a strange one, but I’d like to plug into the wide experience of ARRSE.

Being a wheelchair user can be a pain, even more so with my dodgy hands. Hills are an absolute pain in the arse, so I’m looking for a flat place to move to.

So far my wheelchair experience:

Nottingham - Fairly hilly in the city centre, not suitable.
Lincoln - Fark off steep hill.
Newcastle - great people, hilly as feck.
Edinburgh - hilly as feck
Manchester - it’s manchester (nuff said)
London - Joker 62 lives there, he might find me and take me drinking; I’ll end up in the Thames.

So, help me ARRSE, you’re my only hope.
North German plain is quite flat, central France has loads of flat country, Holland (but swimming might become necessary), Spain again central parts quite flat albeit on a plateau.

Russia has huge areas of flat countryside.

Lots of suitable areas.

I’m sorry, but I believe webbed feet is a requirement to live there. Besides that I’m not capable of shagging my sister.
At the time of writing this there are 7 pages, which I haven't read yet, so won't be surprised if someone has beaten me to it but...

At least in Norfolk the locals have some spare fingers they could let you have.

York is very flat, there are barely any hills in the city or surrounding area, some of the cobbled streets in the city centre might be challenging but the vast majority of it would be easy to get around. People are decent, university students everywhere (which you will appreciate in summer when the fit ones are all wandering around in next to nothing), more decent pubs than I could even list, good bus service, good rail links to get anywhere in the country quickly.
It floods. EVERY winter.

Has anyone mentioned the Vale of York?

At the time of writing this there are 7 pages, which I haven't read yet, so won't be surprised if someone has beaten me to it but...

At least in Norfolk the locals have some spare fingers they could let you have.
I think there are one or two fundamental parts they'd have to have hanging about that'd help more than digits.

A bit of a strange one, but I’d like to plug into the wide experience of ARRSE.

Being a wheelchair user can be a pain, even more so with my dodgy hands. Hills are an absolute pain in the arse, so I’m looking for a flat place to move to.

So far my wheelchair experience:

Nottingham - Fairly hilly in the city centre, not suitable.
Lincoln - Fark off steep hill.
Newcastle - great people, hilly as feck.
Edinburgh - hilly as feck
Manchester - it’s manchester (nuff said)
London - Joker 62 lives there, he might find me and take me drinking; I’ll end up in the Thames.

So, help me ARRSE, you’re my only hope.
Loughborough. Flat as a witches tit.

How about the end of the south runway at Heathrow, all flat with a nice surface, that would keep you on your toes (metaphorically speaking)

Southern runway 3,658m x 50m of clear tarmac to yourself between 23:59 and 06:00

Archie
I think all the drones in the area would annoy me.