Flat Racing at Newbury

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by sjb615, Sep 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Newbury Racecourse is offering free entry to the Armed Forces on Sat 25 Oct 08. Also 1/2 price hospitality packages.For more details contact Hayley Collins on 001635 40015 or Hayley.collins@newbury-racecourse.co.uk
  2. Copy of the press release with further details

Britain has a lot to be proud of when it comes to our dedicated Armed Forces and, in recognition for all their hard work and commitment, Newbury Racecourse have devoted their final flat racemeeting of the season on Saturday 25th October 2008 to the Armed Forces.
    Many racecourses have supported the Armed Forces by providing free or discounted admission to the races. However, Newbury Racecourse are not only offering free entry for all armed forces personnel but also half price packages for the Hennessy and Racegoers Restaurants and private hospitality boxes at the course.*
    Stephen Higgins, Managing Director of Newbury Racecourse commented: “With so many Army, Navy and RAF bases in and around the Berkshire area we thought it was only fitting to dedicate a special day at the races to our service men and women. We have designed a range of packages from free entry to half price hospitality boxes to provide an option for everyone to enjoy the last flat racemeeting of 2008 at Newbury.”
    Newbury Racecourse have developed the Armed Forces raceday in conjunction with the Value for Valor initiative which has been set up by the Reading Chronicle series to encourage leisure venues across Berkshire to offer discounts to military servicemen and women returning from or going to conflict zones around the world.

Offers running on Saturday 25th October include*:
    • Free entry for all Armed Forces (maximum of two tickets per person booked in advance based with a Military ID no.)
    • Half Price Bronze Hospitality Deal – i.e. £41.50 (includes private box, Premier entry and car park label, racecard, two course buffet lunch, coffee)
    • Half Price Packages in Restaurants:
    - £30 pp in Racegoers Restaurant (Grandstand entry, racecard and three course lunch)
    - £55 pp in Hennessy Restaurant (Premier entry, car park label, racecard, glass of champagne, three course lunch and half bottle of wine pp, coffee and mints, light afternoon tea)
    • Special hospitality facility for injured personnel – Mill Reef Suite (100 people maximum) with trackside viewing, complimentary soft drinks and cash bar with snacks
    * Book by 5.30pm on Friday 17th October for free admission and half price hospitality prices for the Flat Season Finale at Newbury Racecourse. Offers are only available for Saturday 25th October and are not available on any other fixture at Newbury Racecourse. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be purchased on the gate on the day. To purchase tickets and packages, please call 01635 40015 and quote your Military ID number at time of booking.
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Shame they do not offer the same deal to Ex members of the forces.
  4. Ring them up, and "quote your ID number", see what they say?? They're hardly gonna know if it's still a number in use!
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

A good idea and the nice Hayley will be ringing me back.
  6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Just received the following:

7. I believe that Newbury Racecourse is hosting its Armed Forces Day again on Saturday 24th October 2009 with FREE entry for all Armed Forces or RBL Members (normally £22 per person).
    To quote the website, "there is also exclusive discounts in private boxes and panoramic restaurants. There is also a comedy show in the Racegoers Restaurant after racing. The day is the last day of the Flat season at Newbury with some quality racing plus they are promising a bigger line up of off the track too with live music and children’s entertainment. The official Berkshire Poppy Appeal will also be launched on that day too. More details at www.newbury-racecourse.co.uk/armedforces To claim your free tickets or discounts contact Hayley Collins (hayley.collins@newbury-racecourse.co.uk) or call 01635 40015".
    I went last year and it was superb. A great day out for free! The options for booking a box are also great - highly recommended.
  8. good day, wish i could go...always back the favourite there...i think...then again as a failed gambler.....
  9. You are right - It really is a good day. From what I remember last year, it was very easy to get the tickets. All you had to fo was ring and 48hrs later they were sent to your home address. There is the potential for disapointment though as tickets will go faster this year I think.
  10. Have just booked my tickets. This year they are saying collect on the day from main entrance to Premier enclosure showing MOD90 (if still serving) and get your free tickets.

Should be £22 a pop so £44 free thank you very much Newbury Race Course.

Am now looking forward to a day out.