Flashman quotes

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Countrylad, Mar 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this has been done before so here goes...

Flashman is probably one of the best series of comedy books revolving around the army (ish) so it think it is only appropritate that we celebrate this and nominate the best Flashman quote. :D

'My good sir, i didn't presume to tell you where to aim your shot; don't tell me where i should have aimed mine'

Classic! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Countrylad,

Ozgerwotsit has just introduced you to the literary equivalent of carpet bombing - looks like the thread's going to be a bit short!

3. cheers ozergoble, been looking for a site like that one, plenty of ammunition for my nirex, it should be a change from the usual Blackadder quotes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. The claim is made that Francis Dickens, son of the illustrious novelist, whilst in his capacity as a member of the North West Mounted Police [ precursor to the RCMP] met the ' original ' Flashman in Canada, post the Nor'West Rebellions..
    Dickens was recuperating from wounds received when Flash appeared at the hospital and began pumping him and others for tales of daring do to appropriate as his own...

Dickens rightly pegged him as a cnut of the first order..

Details of the encounter are revealed in "Dickens of the Mounted " by E. Nichol.. edited letters of Francis Dickens now in the University of British Columbia library/archives...

5. and here was me thinking you meant the lord flashy 8O

6. There can be only one :wink: We should accept no imitation

To quote the Lord Harry "Do you enjoy your muttons regularly then?" :lol:

7. My favourite is "I had her without getting out of my chair" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oz - you are deeply worrying sometimes

8. Google is a wondeful thing Pops

You love it really :wink:

9. That's what is so worrying Oz honey 8)