"Flashman" on R4 Bookclub, 1st Jan 06

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by FluffyBunny, Dec 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of my favourite books will be featured on Radio 4's Bookclub, 1st Jan 06, including an interview with the author, George MacDonald Fraser.

If you can't get R4 near you, you might be able to listen via the Radio 4 Website

Radio 4

and I'm hoping it will also be available on the "listen again" feature on the same website.

In light of the discussions about the name of Guy Gibson's dog in the "Dambusters" remake, it will be interesting to see how they deal with some parts of this book :D
  2. Which book is it FB. They are undoubtedly great reading and the language that they are written in is so un- PC. Just like the original Biggles books I had as a nipper. It makes you wonder how long before they have before being re- edited to erase any so called offensive remarks.
  3. I'd love to hear GMF go up against the usual selection of wet lefties that they get for bookclub audiences!
  4. Not in GMFs time, read "The Lights On At Signpost" when in Afghan. The guy is pretty old fashioned in his views and standards most of which have been as a result of his serving in Burma, by that mark alone he is pretty un-pc.

Edit. Had a look on the BBC4 site and it is the first book that is being featured
  5. Just a gentle reminder that tomorrow is the day.

Incidentally, the clue to which book will be featured is in the subject line above :)

The first book in the series is "Flashman", all the others have subtly different titles.
  6. bump. Only 6 hours to go
  7. Duh! Should really have read the post properly in the first place :oops: :oops:
  8. Should be available on "Listen Again" through this link 'til early Feb 06

After that, you should still be able to get it through the Bookclub page