Flashes

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Crafty990, Oct 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why, at my unit, do I get issued three 3 div arm flashes but am expected to have them on all shirts and both combat jackets. when I enquired about getting two more flashes I was told I'd have to purchase them. well, pardon me but POKE IT! I aint investing my cash in making the razzer happy. :evil:

2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

The same problem reigns throughout the forces. I agree "F*ck the razza" :D

3. just be sure to let us know how it goes :wink: :lol:

4. If the razza is female yes! If not - shove it!

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The other cracker is the ACF where the Ivory Tower have banned everything except the fire lighting badge and brigade commanders are getting all Nazi on the local arrses if they don't wear divisional flashes.

Damned if you do, damned of you don't

6. You could put them on one combat jacket and two shirts and just wash them more often. (unless you have to have a flash on each sleeve, then just don't take off your combat jacket LOL)

Or, you could have a bunch made up cheap and sell them at a lower price than the kit shop....

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The DS solution is to steal any required badged up shirts or jackets from your muckers.

8. Try velco on the shirts and nothing on the field jackets.

9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Try buying the extra ones ans submitting the invoice to the pay clerk as a claim against tax.

Then stand back and wait for the explosion.

:twisted:

10. 3??!!! you lucky jammy bas***d. I remember when they first dished out the 3 Cdo Bde flashes and the unit didn't even get enough for 1 each.

11. Too bad the div flashes aren't just shapes cut from common felt cloth.

velcro may seem like a good idea, but could end up costing more than the flash, and if there is ever a check to see "how well they are sewn on", there could be an unpleasant/unwanted result.

12. Whatever happened to epaulettes and brassards? (If you're under thirty you may not get this!)

13. Velcro badges always strikes me as an aircrew thing. Good idea!? Remove badges during ops so enemy won't know who you are if captured therefore leaving enemy with no option to but to kick the crap out of you until you tell him what badges you were wearing that were so important that you had to remove them before flying.

14. We used to call them "armlets" Used for many things, but usually just worn with shirt in summer order.

15. Johnny_Ludlow

Or like I saw once, someone had put velcro on his Para wings. Brilliant, except when he took them off, unfortunately the velcro was in the shape of Para wings........PRAT