FLASh Radio 4 NOW 0910 29/10 British Army and Torture

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Oct 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sounds like some serious accusations.

2. Details dear boy, details.

3. Its on right now

BBC - Radio 4 - Home

On Start the Week the journalist Ian Cobain reveals how torture has been systematically used by the British from WWII to the War on Terror, via Kenya and Northern Ireland. David Anderson QC reviews the risks posed by terrorism in the UK. Extraordinary rendition and the language of concealment form the heart of Clare Bayley's new play, and there are more secrets uncovered by the criminal barrister-turned-crime writer, MR Hall.

4. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz………………

5. How can the BBC point the finger over torture? Clearly they've not heard Wogan on the radio whilst trying to stay awake on the road first thing in the morning.

6. the BBC accusing the MOD of abusing persons in a vulnerable position; a useful smokescreen...

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was already half listening to the broadcast when the OP alerted the ARRSE world ... unless I missed some major new revelation it sounded like a 45 minute opportunity for the speakers to promote their books or play .

• Like Like x 1
  8. book promo and a load of shiite in my expert opinion, and yes im ex, and i can surely spert,
    usual writer trying to sell his crap, suprised bbc dont get done for advertising.

9. No Its probably an old canned programme to cover the fact all the BBC key staff are in the back of paddy wagons and en route to the local police station while Gary G is singing like a canary!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Someone is behind the times

11. Annoyingly it did turn into a plug for some book.

The first ten minutes or so seemed to be pretty explicit in accusations of torture being used in an almost routine manner.

12. Torture? What about those of us who had to eat in 1970s British Army cookhouses?

13. A taste of things to come. as Afghan draws down and public Sympathy with it the armed forces serving and retired will become increasingly fair game for Journo,s and there ilk.

14. I thought of getting the book from the library until I heard part of this programme - Ian Cobbain was not very impressive