Flash Player V11 problems

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Spacehopper383, Jun 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A couple of days ago I had a pop-up come up on to my desk top telling me that there was an update to Flash Player. Since I've loaded the update I can not get any embedded video to play, which means I can't see some of the links posted on here to youtube. I get the main screen come up, but when the video plays I get an error message.
    Any thoughts how to fix this, I've already uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled the latest version straight from their site but I've still got the same problem.
    Cheers
    Spacehopper383

2. HHH

HHH LE

This a link to the adobe forums where someone else had problems, it might help, if some of the tech geeks don't come along first!

Adobe Forums: Problems after installing Flash Player 11

Adobe Forums: Windows: how do I update the device driver for my video/display adapter?

3. Thanks guys,
    I've only just got the machine working again after several weeks of un-installing and re-installing stuff, in the end I went with a restore point several months back and then started updating everything again as per your links HHH. This has worked up till today and now I am back to the same problem.
    I'll give your solution a go puttees and hope that that works.

4. Then don't install Flash Player 11... (you're re-installing Flash 10)

...or you'll be back in the same boat.

5. If your using Firefox, its a problem that currently has no fix.

Use another browser til its sorted. Google Chrome is excellent.

6. Flash Player 11 didn't work for me on FF, IE or Chrome. Now that I've re-installed FP10, I can watch clips and play games on all three again.

7. Version I'm using on Chrome

Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
    Version: 11,3,300,262
    Location: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_3_300_262.dll
    Type: NPAPI
    Disable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl

8. Go to the plugins control panel and disable/uninstall all versions apart from the latest version of flash,

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

or use an proper uninstaller like revo to clean out what it leaves behind before trying again

10. Easiest way round is to uninstall the whole browser and start again
    Of course if you rely on passwords saved in the browser, your fucked