FLASH: Pay Review 2009 - HoC debate on 26 Mar 09 @ 1130hrs

Ms Harman, Deputy PM, has just announced that the SoS for Defence will lead a debate in the House on Defence tomorrow (26 Mar 09).

She suggested, in response to a question from an MP (John Dunne?), that the pay award would be announced then.

Litotes

Litotes said:
Ms Harman, Deputy PM, has just announced that the SoS for Defence will lead a debate in the House on Defence tomorrow (26 Mar 09).

She suggested, in response to a question from an MP (John Dunne?), that the pay award would be announced then.

Litotes
Firstly, my apologies to Mr Philip Dunne, Conservative MP for Ludlow, who raised the question!

Secondly, the House of Commons should start the Defence debate @ 1130hrs GMT today. They have allowed 6 hours for the debate so we should hear something interesting. :roll:

Order of Business

Litotes

Not many MPs in yet. Mind you, the current debate is mind-numbing. I've has more interesting guard duties.

A bit of time wasting going on to cut down the time available for debate.

Exorcist_of_dreams said:
I'm watching the BBC Parliament channel right now, which is live and they aren't discussing our pay rise, just talking bo'llocks
Nothing new there then - especially when Hatstand Hattie is talking/shrieking.

any news as yet?

will they stop talking tosh and get on with the defence debate and where are all the other MP's prob in their second homes lmao

Fishy this, the original Budget debate was scheduled for yesterday I believe which would have made todays Defence debate logical.

The Budget is now Wed 22 April.

they need to announce it soon, in order that any rises to our salaries can be uploaded onto the JPA mainframe. SPVA dont work weekends and require a couple of weeks to carry out all the necessary business

We should be allowed an allowance worth £100K to live at home aswell

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
msr Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
I The Intelligence Cell 0