FLASH: Pay Review 2009 - HoC debate on 26 Mar 09 @ 1130hrs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Litotes, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ms Harman, Deputy PM, has just announced that the SoS for Defence will lead a debate in the House on Defence tomorrow (26 Mar 09).

She suggested, in response to a question from an MP (John Dunne?), that the pay award would be announced then.

2. Firstly, my apologies to Mr Philip Dunne, Conservative MP for Ludlow, who raised the question!

Secondly, the House of Commons should start the Defence debate @ 1130hrs GMT today. They have allowed 6 hours for the debate so we should hear something interesting. :roll:

Order of Business

3. I have zapped passed BBC Parliment many a time without even breaking stride.

Is it live? I am at a loose end today and may well swing over to the TV room if it is.
  4. Its on Freeview Channel 81
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

It will drone on untill close of play.
  6. Not many MPs in yet. Mind you, the current debate is mind-numbing. I've has more interesting guard duties.
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Sometimes a better link LINK
  8. I'm watching the BBC Parliament channel right now, which is live and they aren't discussing our pay rise, just talking bo'llocks
  9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

A bit of time wasting going on to cut down the time available for debate.
  10. Nothing new there then - especially when Hatstand Hattie is talking/shrieking.
  11. she has just made gaffe after gaffe in an attempt to 'av a go at the tories
  12. any news as yet?
  13. no mate not yet
  14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

No Shadows in - I wonder if this has been postponed