Flash new uniforms for Russias Armed Forces

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by armchair_jihad, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In full

2. Hello armchair_jihad,

for those who are not familiar with Valentin Yudashkin,he is Russia's answer to Austin Powers.

3. Oh Grooovy babeeeski !
  4. We were very skeptic, but I heard yesterday that the new uniform is very good. Yudashkin designed it according to specifications provided by Heraldic department, and Research institute of Ministry of Defence. I always thought that SSO (private firm) would win this contract because their battlefield uniform was very good (Gorka was most popular) and many soldiers bought it for deployments.

Most focus on TV and newspapers was given to officer uniform, but regular field uniform is what interested me most. Rumour is Army field uniform is also excellent and comfortable, consisting of several components. New camouflage pattern is similar to German Bundeswehr's. I hope it will show itself comfortable and reliable during deployments, this concerns especially boots and stitches. Laboratory and field testing is one thing, but heavy use in hostile environment is different.
  5. any Pic's on the new field uniform ??? camo etc ???
  6. There seems to be a Germanic trend in the look of Russia's armed forces. At the Beslan action a few years ago, there were units wearing something that very closely resembled ww2 SS camouflage.
  7. This is what I could find now.

This is for mountain warfare units

This last photo I guess is new uniform for special reconnaisance units because I heard that even if they will be acquiring new uniforms, there are other things currently in development for their specific requirements.
  8. Definitely Germanic. All they need now is for Mr. Putin to grow a Charlot mustache.
  9. [​IMG]

I tell you what, if the women in the Russian Army look anything like that I may just switch sides.....
  10. What sides? We're all on the same side now, right?