Flash ads

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by nobbyd, Aug 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone else seeing Flash crashing a lot recently? It seems to be related to ads, not just on ARRSE
  2. Are you using IE10

I downgraded to IE9 as a combination of dodgy scripts and flash was causing the browser to crash
  3. I have had quite a few probs with this on Chrome as well.
  4. If you're using Chrome there's a plug in that will stop all flash running unless you click on it.
  5. Nope, firefox 23.0.1 and Flash 11.8.800.94. I originally thought it was Youtube (OK; xhamster, heavy-r, motherless etc) but nope, it'll happen with only one site open
  6. Firefox - the page (and sometimes the whole computer) freezes, sometimes for up to 10 minutes. Sometimes it does the decent thing and crashes Flash.

If it's a page freeze, opening Chrome or IE just increase the chance of the whole computer freezing.

(Page freeze - the cursor moves but mouse-clicking does nothing. Whole computer freeze - the cursor won't move).
  7. I use FlashBlock - stops all flash objects with a button until you want to view it.
  8. That's good and doesn't seem to affect the ARRSE ads so shouldn't upset the COs.

Well, it does affect some of the ads...
  9. I mainly use it because I have an old mac and without it I have too much grief, old browsers as I am not using intel, did not think about the ads on this site.
  10. I thought I was the only one that still had a PPC.
  11. Nope, have a top end PC for Flight Sims. and design work but the faithful Mac for the important things:)