Flash ads

Is anyone else seeing Flash crashing a lot recently? It seems to be related to ads, not just on ARRSE

Are you using IE10

I downgraded to IE9 as a combination of dodgy scripts and flash was causing the browser to crash

I have had quite a few probs with this on Chrome as well.

Nope, firefox 23.0.1 and Flash 11.8.800.94. I originally thought it was Youtube (OK; xhamster, heavy-r, motherless etc) but nope, it'll happen with only one site open

Firefox - the page (and sometimes the whole computer) freezes, sometimes for up to 10 minutes. Sometimes it does the decent thing and crashes Flash.

If it's a page freeze, opening Chrome or IE just increase the chance of the whole computer freezing.

(Page freeze - the cursor moves but mouse-clicking does nothing. Whole computer freeze - the cursor won't move).

I use FlashBlock - stops all flash objects with a button until you want to view it.
That's good and doesn't seem to affect the ARRSE ads so shouldn't upset the COs.

Thanks.

edit:

Well, it does affect some of the ads...

I mainly use it because I have an old mac and without it I have too much grief, old browsers as I am not using intel, did not think about the ads on this site.

I mainly use it because I have an old mac and without it I have too much grief, old browsers as I am not using intel, did not think about the ads on this site.
I thought I was the only one that still had a PPC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
uncle_vanya Gaming and Software 8
D Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0
I The Intelligence Cell 0