Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Flanagen & Allen

Indeed there were a lot of Betties - about ten rather than thirty though. The last Betty, the one with the healthy jugs, left the speciality act to be a war correspondent and also covered the Nuremburg Trials. Truly you could not make it up!

There was an old boy in the West End who did the Sand Dance back in the mid seventies. He wore a coke and suit.

He had an old gramaphone player and a tray of sand. He played outside Harrods and even further into town. I believe he had an obituary in the Times when he passed away.

ancienturion said:
Barathul said:
yup and throw in some George Formby & Kenneth Williams aswell.

Max Miller has to be a deffo
Arthur Askey?
Jimmy Jewell?
Ben Warris?

I know I have some Arthur Askey, have to check the others when I get off air.

Throw suggestions out and i'll mix them in with some stuff you may not of heard before.

I'll see what Billy Cotton I have aswell as he just popped his clogs

Barathul said:
ancienturion said:
Barathul said:
yup and throw in some George Formby & Kenneth Williams aswell.

Max Miller has to be a deffo
Arthur Askey?
Jimmy Jewell?
Ben Warris?

I know I have some Arthur Askey, have to check the others when I get off air.

Throw suggestions out and i'll mix them in with some stuff you may not of heard before.

I'll see what Billy Cotton I have aswell as he just popped his clogs

Remember it is Bill Cotton (junior) who has just popped off. It was his old man Billy Cotton who was the music man. Young Bill was more into television.

Having worked at the "Beeb" I should of remembered that.

was off trying to remember what is was doing/dealing with tech issues and making a cup of tea, plus the ol noggins gone to mush today

"The day war broke out I said to me wife, I've a good mind to go over to that Germany and give that Hitler a piece of my mind. She said you don't even kniow where he lives. I said "I've got a tongue in me head""

Robb Wilton, comic genius! Now then where's me ovaltine? Light programme's on in a minute.

Cuddles said:
"The day war broke out I said to me wife, I've a good mind to go over to that Germany and give that Hitler a piece of my mind. She said you don't even kniow where he lives. I said "I've got a tongue in me head""

Robb Wilton, comic genius! Now then where's me ovaltine? Light programme's on in a minute.

Light Programme!! Dick Barton, Daring Dexters, In Town Tonight - and having to cart lead acid batteries home from the garage after charging because the radio was battery operated. No mains.