Flanagen & Allen

With apologies to our FEB; (Friendly English Brethren of course!!!)

Although I was born in 1967, I must admit I have been remiss in my cultural studies :oops: ....

Today I bought a CD; "Underneath the Arches".

I may be struck off the "Register of Practisssing Jocks" for this, but I take my hat off... :clap: :worship: :worship:

Flanagen and Allen - FACKN OUTSTANDING!!!! :D

Sparky2339 said:
With apologies to our FEB; (Friendly English Brethren of course!!!)

Although I was born in 1967, I must admit I have been remiss in my cultural studies :oops: ....

Today I bought a CD; "Underneath the Arches".

I may be struck off the "Register of Practisssing Jocks" for this, but I take my hat off... :clap: :worship: :worship:

Flanagen and Allen - FACKN OUTSTANDING!!!! :D
Bugger, I thought you meant Mulligan and O'Hare then, I thought this could have been an interesting thread.

Pancake Day

The_Snail said:
Bugger, I thought you meant Mulligan and O'Hare then, I thought this could have been an interesting thread.

Pancake Day
"Arrse!!! Feck!!! Nuns!!!!

My Irish Grandparents (gawd bless their souls) would be turning in their graves - well not really, (well they won't be as angry as when I joined the Army) because I grew up thinking the Umbrella song was Irish :D

Just goes to show music crosses all boundaries.....

All together now!! "The SAM Song"!!!! :D

Comedy crosses boundaries!!! If it's funny - it's funny!!! :D

Welcome to 1931.

Wilson, Keppel and Betty are jolly good too...must dash we're off to the Palace of Varieties for a matinee.

Betty looks like a WYSFBD candidate - on the grounds she is long dead!

I went to the chiropodist saying I had Flanagen and Allen Syndrome. He asked where it hurt.

I said "Underneath the arches".

Unhand me, you swine!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Cuddles said:
Wilson, Keppel and Betty are jolly good too...must dash we're off to the Palace of Varieties for a matinee.

Betty looks like a WYSFBD candidate - on the grounds she is long dead!
Did you know there were about thirty Bettys? They kept changing them from town to town.

Doctor - "It would appear that you have Tom Jones syndrome".

Patient - "Well I've never heard of that, is it common?"

Doctor - "It's not unusual".

I'll get my own coat thanks!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
TheIronDuke said:
Cuddles said:
My famed rendition of The Sand Dance has induced silence amid chaos. Lozenge anyone?

*Linky to a bygone era when men wore skirts*
As a 19 year old trapped in this old body, I find this sort of thing very annoying because I remember I seeing them live!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
basso said:
Blimey, you must be older than my good self old son! :wink:
Called up in 1954

Indeed there were a lot of Betties - about ten rather than thirty though. The last Betty, the one with the healthy jugs, left the speciality act to be a war correspondent and also covered the Nuremburg Trials. Truly you could not make it up!

There was an old boy in the West End who did the Sand Dance back in the mid seventies. He wore a coke and suit.

He had an old gramaphone player and a tray of sand. He played outside Harrods and even further into town. I believe he had an obituary in the Times when he passed away.

Don't think that bfo fur coat would go down a treat in this PC age and as for that straw boater, very H/ Cav.