Flags Woker than a Woke thing

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It must be hell living in Londonistan ( I mean that), I can only hope that your equity gives you hope and mobility.
DEAR GOD! You don’t think I actually live there, do you?

IMHO I have the best of both worlds: I work in the bustle of our Capital and get to go home to the sleepy seaside town of Folkestone on the HS1 line. S’luvverly :D

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Utterly incomplete display of woke choddery without this:
View attachment 452440
After visiting one of those big travelling fairs in Germany our Anti Tank Platoon, or to be more correct the Mobile Milan Section (zipped about Soltua in Spartan’s with Milan launchers on top), declared a Worker’s and Soldier’s Soviet on the top floor of their block and hung this flag out of the window. This being the late 1980’s and us facing off with the 3rd Shock Army it went down like the proverbial lead balloon, the BoS deployed the guard and stormed their floor in a rage. After a bit of FISH (fighting in some c***s hoose) where the guards pick helves were deployed against the Anti Tanks pellet guns, four members of the Anti Tank platoon spent the rest of the weekend in the battalion cells and the guard got ice packs for various black eyes and cuts. As I was part of the prowler sentry pair I had a good view but wasn’t involved.

Nowadays it has to be about the "oppressed" if you want your progressive street cred.
You can't get more oppressed that Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette.

Lets go Old school...
It signals a traditional continental inclusive organic initiative encouraging cross community participation in authentic recycling, carbon sequestration and organic fertilisation

View attachment 452444
Too French, too royalist. Nowadays it has to be about the "oppressed" if you want your progressive street cred.
I'm calling zou on not checking privilege, on perpetuating brexity myths and general heresies against wokeness

The Oriflamme is Frankish in origin and as all right thinking people should know, Charlemagne's Frankenreich (France) was the proto-EU, therefore critique of something being too French/Frank, is denigrating the unifying European principal.
Frankish royalty and its dynastic succession owes much of its origins to the efforts of Queen* Clothilde turning Clovis from populist barbarism to a civilized unitary approach. In royal-shaming, you level down against a traditional matriarchal initiative and perpetuate mansplained historical fake news.

perhaps the most grevious sin is the distinct ableist discrimination; The Monastrey of St Denis and Notredame Cathedral are intimately linked by the Oriflamme and this disparagement falls equally on both.
Notredame is also intrinsically linked with it's differently bodied campanologist - by slating one, you slate all and therefore are guilty of disability discrimination.

Tatian McGrath will be along shortly with assorted bundles of wood and inflammables to burn you

*rejoice in woke medieval titles!

If someone can covertly stick this one up on display it would make my year.

I can almost hear the babbling panel on the BBC condemning this acto of XRW violence upon the <insert permoffended demographic here> community.
715syCBMxpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

After visiting one of those big travelling fairs in Germany our Anti Tank Platoon, or to be more correct the Mobile Milan Section (zipped about Soltua in Spartan’s with Milan launchers on top), declared a Worker’s and Soldier’s Soviet on the top floor of their block and hung this flag out of the window. This being the late 1980’s and us facing off with the 3rd Shock Army it went down like the proverbial lead balloon, the BoS deployed the guard and stormed their floor in a rage. After a bit of FISH (fighting in some c***s hoose) where the guards pick helves were deployed against the Anti Tanks pellet guns, four members of the Anti Tank platoon spent the rest of the weekend in the battalion cells and the guard got ice packs for various black eyes and cuts. As I was part of the prowler sentry pair I had a good view but wasn’t involved.

My TA troop declared itself independant on one exercise, voted the troop leader President and spent a few days giving the raised clenched fist salute and announcing "Viva El Presidente" when meeting the Tp Ldr.

The Sqn Leader left us alone - another troop known for being naughty boys was being "vewwy, vewwy quiet"* and I think he was more worried what they were planning...

*courtesy Elmer Fudd

If someone can covertly stick this one up on display it would make my year.

I can almost hear the babbling panel on the BBC condemning this acto of XRW violence upon the <insert permoffended demographic here> community.
View attachment 452569
If you really want to up your non-verbal micro aggression, buy one of these
Screenshot_2020-02-28 CTM Men's Mossy Oak Break Up Blaze Orange Baseball Hat, Break Up Blaze O...png

Wore it last year on a weekend away and some urban types visibly flinched* when they saw it and even mentioned they found it a bit intimidating

*I'm maintaining its definitely the hat they were flinching at!

Apart from hideous wtf is it?
[no wah] a baseball cap in safety/blaze orange (mossy oak pattern] worn when hunting to stop one self being shot by companions.
deer.jpg

Europeans have less trailer-trashy looking versions for board* hunting.

Since all animals (except turkeys) are apparently colour blind, wandering round woods after wascally wabbbits dressed up like a rave escapee is not as counter intuitive as it sounds

E2A: *whilst violently reducing FTSE 100 management may be the aim of some euro types, getting pie eyed and waving double barrelled elephant guns around the ulu in the vague hope of hitting somewhere in the area of something low and fast moving as it goes through the line is more normal

Last edited:

Latest Threads