Flag Kissing - New Drills?

Either I missed something when I was in, or they've rewritten the manual since I got out. Either way I can't remember ever doing flag kissing drill. Help me out.

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-03-31-voa41.cfm

There is of course another possibility, he's just coughed up twenty pints of stale Guiness and a manky kebab all over the colour party's best boots and is now wiping his gob! I think I prefer this option, it fits in with our traditions.

It looks suspiciously like creeping septicism to me.

What next, grown men crying :?

C

cloudbuster

From the article;

The top U.S. commander in Iraq, General Ray Odierno, noted that US troops would "stand shoulder-to-shoulder" with the Iraqi people and the Iraqi Army, as they "continue to stand on their own."
How does that work? :?

cloudbuster said:
From the article;

The top U.S. commander in Iraq, General Ray Odierno, noted that US troops would "stand shoulder-to-shoulder" with the Iraqi people and the Iraqi Army, as they "continue to stand on their own."
How does that work? :?
I think you would have to be an American to understand the logic in what he says.....

C

cloudbuster

chocolate_frog said:
I think you would have to be an American to understand the logic in what he says.....
Clearly. Unless it's a phrase borrowed from GWB's "Big Book of Mangled English"

If that really is a white hackle I can see, the flag's probably soaked in glue and he's taking a deep breath.

smartascarrots said:
If that really is a white hackle I can see, the flag's probably soaked in glue and he's taking a deep breath.
Spot on it's a white hackle so he's probably cleaning his mouth after a chip supper! This kissing flags stuff is a bit Naff.

No doubt suitably posed for the Sapm website it features on. Jeez-give it a kiss the folks back home will just love t y'all!!

Looking at the smirk on the porridge Jock's face it'll be April 1st then...............