Flag Kissing - New Drills?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cernunnos, Apr 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Either I missed something when I was in, or they've rewritten the manual since I got out. Either way I can't remember ever doing flag kissing drill. Help me out.

There is of course another possibility, he's just coughed up twenty pints of stale Guiness and a manky kebab all over the colour party's best boots and is now wiping his gob! I think I prefer this option, it fits in with our traditions.
  2. It looks suspiciously like creeping septicism to me.

What next, grown men crying :?
  3. From the article;

How does that work? :?
  4. I think you would have to be an American to understand the logic in what he says.....
  5. Clearly. Unless it's a phrase borrowed from GWB's "Big Book of Mangled English"
  6. TBH it looks like he is wiping his mouth and it was all he could find
  7. If that really is a white hackle I can see, the flag's probably soaked in glue and he's taking a deep breath.
  8. Spot on it's a white hackle so he's probably cleaning his mouth after a chip supper! This kissing flags stuff is a bit Naff.
  9. No doubt suitably posed for the Sapm website it features on. Jeez-give it a kiss the folks back home will just love t y'all!!
  10. Looking at the smirk on the porridge Jock's face it'll be April 1st then...............