Flag Football - Gayest sport Ever?

I was flicking through the channels last night and spotted something odd on one of the local sports channels; Flag football!

I'd never heard of this before, but it seems to be some sort of American football for those who are light on their loafers. It seems to be played on a field about half the size of a normal football field, and instead of tackling each other they pull strips of cloth out of each others belts. :?

Offically it's a non contact sport, but the players made sure there was lots of it anyway (mostly high fives, and even more hugging). :highfive::pounce:

It doesn't get any better when I find out that there is something called the DC Gay Flag Football League.

dcgfflvideo's Channel - YouTube

Have I got the wrong end of the stick, or is this really the gayest sport in the world?

Cheers
T_T

Nothing to get worked up about. I attended a tag rugby 'tournament' some time ago where, instead of tackling, a tag was pulled off the opposing player. Nothing special you may say but the event allowed a mix of people to participate, people who all had one common aim - to raise money for H4H. Good on 'em.

They play it alot in KAF as the grounds a little hard to play real American football. Apparently its supposed to be good practise if your can't get to a real field. Although it does look like a bunch of mincers running around.

C

cloudbuster

ISTR the Crabs at Gib did something similar, since their rugby pitch was occcasionally used as a runway.

Ha Ha....'kin stroll on. Back in the 70's all the Jamacian youts 'round my way, would have a face flannel hanging out of their back right pocket and wear their tassled loafers without socks as a fashion 'ting.

It seems that times have changed, slightly worried that someone has gone to the trouble of compiling the code though, I mean what if you're just a scruffy tw*t and throw the snot rag in your pocket and it ends up hanging out?

Does it mean that you want someone to hang out of you?

'Kin scary.

I was flicking through the channels last night and spotted something odd on one of the local sports channels; Flag football!

I'd never heard of this before, but it seems to be some sort of American football for those who are light on their loafers. It seems to be played on a field about half the size of a normal football field, and instead of tackling each other they pull strips of cloth out of each others belts. :?

Offically it's a non contact sport, but the players made sure there was lots of it anyway (mostly high fives, and even more hugging). :highfive::pounce:

It doesn't get any better when I find out that there is something called the DC Gay Flag Football League.

dcgfflvideo's Channel - YouTube

Have I got the wrong end of the stick, or is this really the gayest sport in the world?

Cheers
T_T
Nope, that title still belongs to Cricket.^_~

Mate of mine played for the unit Rugby XIV, asked if he played touch rugby for PT. No was his reply, reckoned it would teach him not to tackle or hit hard. Yep, gotta agree with him there. Funnily enough most of the Rugby team didn't play touch footy for PT and that was my lesson in Rugby.

Football is for gays anyway. Who could possibly get excited at the sight of men in shorts chasing a ball around a field?

Now if they were topless page 3 girls that would be another matter!

Latest Threads