Flag Football - Gayest sport Ever?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tartan_Terrier, Oct 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was flicking through the channels last night and spotted something odd on one of the local sports channels; Flag football!

I'd never heard of this before, but it seems to be some sort of American football for those who are light on their loafers. It seems to be played on a field about half the size of a normal football field, and instead of tackling each other they pull strips of cloth out of each others belts. :?

Offically it's a non contact sport, but the players made sure there was lots of it anyway (mostly high fives, and even more hugging). :highfive::pounce:

It doesn't get any better when I find out that there is something called the DC Gay Flag Football League.

dcgfflvideo's Channel - YouTube

Have I got the wrong end of the stick, or is this really the gayest sport in the world?

Cheers
    T_T

2. Nothing to get worked up about. I attended a tag rugby 'tournament' some time ago where, instead of tackling, a tag was pulled off the opposing player. Nothing special you may say but the event allowed a mix of people to participate, people who all had one common aim - to raise money for H4H. Good on 'em.

3. Thought you meant a load of blokes kicking paving slabs around. then I read all after the title.

4. They play it alot in KAF as the grounds a little hard to play real American football. Apparently its supposed to be good practise if your can't get to a real field. Although it does look like a bunch of mincers running around.

5. Sure it's not fag football?

6. Given Engerlands performance agsinst the frogs,we might be better off trying it.Although we would probably fuck this up as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It looks quite dangerous! You could mess up your hair or worse, chip your nail varnish.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ISTR the Crabs at Gib did something similar, since their rugby pitch was occcasionally used as a runway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ha Ha....'kin stroll on. Back in the 70's all the Jamacian youts 'round my way, would have a face flannel hanging out of their back right pocket and wear their tassled loafers without socks as a fashion 'ting.

It seems that times have changed, slightly worried that someone has gone to the trouble of compiling the code though, I mean what if you're just a scruffy tw*t and throw the snot rag in your pocket and it ends up hanging out?

Does it mean that you want someone to hang out of you?

'Kin scary.

10. Nope, that title still belongs to Cricket.^_~

• Like Like x 2
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's still more manly than nancy ball!

12. Well, if you're into that, may I most humbly suggest that you check out the Lingerie Football League. This piccy is of the Tampa Bay Breeze.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. All the rage in Brissie this summer, I'm reliably informed.