FIX.......BAYONETS!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Maj_Boothroyd, May 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

And largely true too.... I believe. Probably something of a first for the Sun!

2. Read it on other means. Fanfeckingtastic! I'll bet it wont be on the front cover of the tabloids for a week though!

Good show chaps!!

3. Excellent. I hope this is duly and suitably commemorated.
    Makes me feel all Pte Frazerish. :D

4. Won't this be condemned as 'unrestrained brutality' by Amnesty who will reveal a dossier compiled and sent to the govt at the time of the Somme claiming they demanded bayonets be blunted etc etc?

5. Absolutly barbaric behaviour. Doubtless the ICRC will announce tomorrow that the victims of this outrage were innocent civilian civil rights marchers and fluffy bunny owners.

Tomorrow, TB will announce a public enquiry, at which the Argylls will be publicly crucified. Millions of pounds of public money will be spent, no one will be happy with the outcome, and the MoD will be forced to pay out thousands of pounds to the Iraqi insurgents, for the mental anguish they have suffered by seeing their mates bayonetted.

Am I just a bit of a cynic?

Nice to see the jocks living up to the "Ladies from Hell" bit, mind

6. msr

msr LE

Shurely shome mishtake: don't you mean L/Cpl Jonesish?

Private Frazer (John Laurie) is a miserable old Scotsman whose favourite saying is "We're doomed!". Unless you are taking the Mehdi army point of view... :wink:

msr

7. Lets look at the Suns photo, "Charge ... tactics from drills"

No headwear, clean hands, certainly not muscular forearms expected of a 'fearless Argyll and Sutherland Highlander'.
    If you can still get a copy of todays Daily Mail, it carries the same pic, but the full version ,on page 6, which clearly shows his boot laces tied in a criss cross manner and trousers appear to be tucked into his boots.

So, what is the might of ARRSE going to do about these photos?

Outnumbered 5 to one; 20 A&S against 100 rebels, ambushed and pinned down, they resort to a bayonet charge....mmmmm

8. Before or after we shove a bayonet up your arrse and swivel you round?

9. It's a sulk isn't it?

10. SilsoeSid - here was me thinking your a coc.k but when you said you were going to shut the **** up you would be true to your word...... clearly not :roll:

11. StM
    You sure thats a bayonet in your hand?

MM
    On a different thread...Duuuuh!

12. Sure, but if you want to imagine something else, well, what ever floats your boat. :roll:

13. You just don't get it do you?

If you can now prove that the pics are false, with the 'evidence' given as in the last lot of pics fiasco, then it never happened......right!!

14. So SilsoeSid you're such a fcucking moron you believe the `Mail' had a phtographer running along side the Argyll's as they `hooked in' - you're an ignorant peasant - the pic in the Sun is an oft used `PR' photo from before the war.

FCUK OFF!