Five Iraqis have RMP murder charges dropped.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Timble, Aug 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm just guessing, but a chaotic crime scene, institutional disinterest and tribal loyalties will all be making it difficult to pin any evidence down.

To be frank I am astonished that they still have two in the frame.

Or would you rather they just manufacture some evidence against them?
  2. Have to agree. As bitterly disappointing as it is if there isn't enough evidence then there isn't. They've certainly spent a good deal of time investigating.
  3. I think its just as important for the locals to see we dont have a knee jerk reaction as it is to see justice done in this case. The fact charges have been dropped might be more political than legal.
  4. shiner will soon be on with 5 innocent iraqis who recieved a savage beating from 6 Redcaps in Majar al-Kabir, 2003.
  5. Mate, it's both. The system is chaotic at the best of times, curruption is endemic and the 'in the seat lifespan' of those in power is precarious.

The key issue is that the Iraqi viewpoint in MAK (a tribal society) is that they killed some of ours, we killed some of theirs i.e blood feud. From their perspective, no one will be handed over - sad but true
  6. Thanks for explaining, I think you're right, casualties of war. Sad indeed.