• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Five Iraqis have RMP murder charges dropped.

BBC News - Five Iraqis have Red Cap murder charges dropped

So now there's only 2 who will face trial - one of whom has yet to be ID'd by the Iraq government. I'd like to see the reasons why these 5 now have 'no case to answer'.
I'm just guessing, but a chaotic crime scene, institutional disinterest and tribal loyalties will all be making it difficult to pin any evidence down.

To be frank I am astonished that they still have two in the frame.

Or would you rather they just manufacture some evidence against them?

I'm just guessing, but a chaotic crime scene, institutional disinterest and tribal loyalties will all be making it difficult to pin any evidence down.

To be frank I am astonished that they still have two in the frame.

Or would you rather they just manufacture some evidence against them?
Have to agree. As bitterly disappointing as it is if there isn't enough evidence then there isn't. They've certainly spent a good deal of time investigating.

I think its just as important for the locals to see we dont have a knee jerk reaction as it is to see justice done in this case. The fact charges have been dropped might be more political than legal.

What do you put it down to? A lack of will amongst the Iraqi Authorities or a broken system?
Mate, it's both. The system is chaotic at the best of times, curruption is endemic and the 'in the seat lifespan' of those in power is precarious.

The key issue is that the Iraqi viewpoint in MAK (a tribal society) is that they killed some of ours, we killed some of theirs i.e blood feud. From their perspective, no one will be handed over - sad but true

Mate, it's both. The system is chaotic at the best of times, curruption is endemic and the 'in the seat lifespan' of those in power is precarious.

The key issue is that the Iraqi viewpoint in MAK (a tribal society) is that they killed some of ours, we killed some of theirs i.e blood feud. From their perspective, no one will be handed over - sad but true
Thanks for explaining, I think you're right, casualties of war. Sad indeed.

Latest Threads