Five hurt in Cyprus protest over UK military presence

you would be whinging a damn site more like a BITCH that you are, if the Cyriots had done to uk, what the uk have done to Cyprus. Plus never paying for the bases.
Shut the **** up you stupid bitch. The Greek Cypriots got what they deserved in 1974. I was on OP ABLAUT with 40 Cdo RM who were Spearhead at the time. EOKA B had kicked Black Mac of his throne and a nasty piece of shit called Nikos Samson took over. EOKA committed some terrible atrocities including killing a pregnant woman and her children so if its sympathy you are looking for get a dictionary - its between Shit and Syphillis.

BTW the Greek Cypriots in the UK are fuckinmg pain as well.

Shut the **** up you stupid bitch. The Greek Cypriots got what they deserved in 1974. I was on OP ABLAUT with 40 Cdo RM who were Spearhead at the time. EOKA B had kicked Black Mac of his throne and a nasty piece of shit called Nikos Samson took over. EOKA committed some terrible atrocities including killing a pregnant woman and her children so if its sympathy you are looking for get a dictionary - its between Shit and Syphillis.

BTW the Greek Cypriots in the UK are fuckinmg pain as well.
Get off the fence man. :)

Send the RGJ over with a few shovels.

it was also agreed £5 million a year for the bases, which a penny has never been paid. Most Cypriots remember the english soldiers sheilding the turks with their tanks and the english soldiers showing the turks in 1974 where to go.
Too many brandy sours eh!!

S

Screw_The_Nut

What is it with all these insignificant little countries gobbing off lately? First Iran... now Cyprus?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Wow, Greek Cypriots whinging like a bunch of hotheaded bitches? Stop the press, not.
you would be whinging a damn site more like a BITCH that you are, if the Cyriots had done to uk, what the uk have done to Cyprus. Plus never paying for the bases.
Do you breathe oxygen on your planet ?

it was also agreed £5 million a year for the bases, which a penny has never been paid. Most Cypriots remember the english soldiers sheilding the turks with their tanks and the english soldiers showing the turks in 1974 where to go.
A good mate of mine was a PFA medic attached at the time. He remembers getting a call to attend some flats where other Bde members had found something that had stopped them in their tracks. Many Turkish-Cypriot families had fled the Greek troops thinking they'd only be absent from their homes for an hour at max, therefore babies had been left asleep as no-one could dream of hurting infants.

When AW pitched he found that the heroic Greek patriots, fighting to liberate the land from the yoke of oppression had forced these small children down the toilets of the building to drown them...

You must be so proud of these brave 'men.'

Cutaway you're so wrong. In the Republic of Cyprus it is ALWAYS someone else's fault. The likes of madcow are probably incandescent with rage that EU money is being spent "on the other side" to improve the infrastructure. One side feels decidedly more EU and civilised than the other and it sure as hell isn't the southern bit.

How long till the UN decides they've had enough? The Turks are unlikely to come further south and the whole situation is going nowhere fast. I give it till Ban Ki-moon does his next visit. A shame as I wanted a sunshine tour where I don't get shot at but such is life.

Did the UK have tanks in Cyprus in 1974? Genuinely don't know.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Only CVR(T) Scorpions I think, but to most strawbs they'd be tanks.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think the name might be a giveaway...
;-)

I remember the big TRNC flag on the hill above Lefkosia (Nicosia) and some writings which I believe translated " last time we stopped, next time you swim"

I don't have that much sympathy for the Greek in this one, they started it and they got their arse handed to them on a plate by the Turks, when it was all over there was the longest period of peace in Cyprus has ever known, no inter ethnic strife as they are ethnically homogeneous on their side of the fence, the Turks feel much safer, unlike the Greeks who keep crying its not fair they lost and keep shoving pro Greek propaganda down tourist throats, I didn't come all the way to Cyprus to listen to some crief slut banging on about past wrongs, I'm on a ****ing holiday not a fact finding mission.

As to the SBA are sovereign British territory it is as British as the Isle of Wight, we don't have to pay a penny toward it, unlike what Chubb mong have been spouting off.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I remember the big TRNC flag on the hill above Lefkosia (Nicosia) ...
The story I was told is they painted the stones and put them paint side down as they went, then, when all were done, the stones were all turned over in one night to reveal the flag to much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the south the next morning. Don't care if it's true, just made me laugh and seems the kind of psyops the Turks are rather good at although baiting the south isn't hard.

There's only one thing that will wind the Cypriots up more than the UK having SBAs on the island- that is the UK threatening to take all their people and money away.

Every time the bases are down-sized - the Cypriot unions complain about job losses.
Every time military manpower is cut - they complain about the loss of income to locals

A great part of the SBA's land would have been handed back if the South had voted for the Kofi-Anan plan, but no - they chose to vote "OXI". The standard Cypriot response to progress.

The SBAs have never belonged to the ROC. That is how it should stay to protect the only un-spoiled areas and to give the locals somewhere to run should the Turks decide to take a bit more land.