Five hundred f*ckin quid

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spiffy, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On another topic:

500 fucking quid for joining, I only got a bloody Shilling. Fuck me.
  2. I think I got a tenner back in 1988 from the ACIO. I bought some fags and went to some pub in Manchester city centre and had about 12 pints. You'd be lucky to get 20 fags and 2 pints nowadays!
  3. MY bold.

Sprog :wink:
  4. Again at Manchester had it explained its a metaphorical shilling, its worth fukcall thats why we dont give you one.
  5. But surely the best time to be serving is in the last 10 years at least! :wink:

Unless you liked NI tours! :)
  6. a mate who joined just before me reckoned he got something when he oathed his allegiance... i didnt.... where do i claim my dues on jpa? :)
  7. Sod :WINK:

I got the Shilling and 1 days pay £3.27 (1973)
  8. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

All I ever got was a travel warrant for 5/- to allow me to respond to the letter on behalf of Her Majesty and report myself to Blackheath, where transport would be arranged to Canterbury.

Hardships, you lot don't know what hardships are!
  9. I got half of a mates "Recruit a buddy" bounty.

My old man reckons the only thing he got was a rail warrant and a promise he would definately have tried windsurfing before he left IJLB Shornecliffe in 1973.
  10. I got a shilling, the book I held while swearing the Oath of Allegiance, and a rail warrant,

Still have the book... Shilling was spent within hours
  11. I received £2-50 in August 1976 at Manchester ACIO, Princes Street when attesting.

It was deducted from my pay at JLR RCT in September 1976.

I returned to Manchester ACIO a few years later on the Satisfied Soldier Scheme, and asked about the deduction whilst there. I was told by the old and bold Recruiting Sergeant, 'if you can't take a joke, you should'nt have joined'.

I had a laugh and bumped up my 1771 claim for that week.

WIN WIN.
  12. Have I missed something here, or am I being really thick (don't answer that), but where does £500 come into this?

I remember getting a few quid, but then on my very first pay statement they took it back off of me.

So to the guy who was on about claiming it on JPA - don't bother, cos it aint a freebie, and I wouldn't want you to end up in naughty boy cuffs like that 'JPA Fraud is a Crime' poster knocking about in every unit.
  13. <<<<< sits quietly and waits for Kes and Flashy to finish their personal business in the 'wife-beater' thread, and jump in on this one to call me a cnut.
  14. Allow me,

You're a cunt.
  15. A few quid? I though they were still on farthings and guineas when you first joined up.

(I'm all done in the wifebeater thread now, Flash has reverted to abusing you :p )