Fitting three side pouches on the Inf bergen

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HantsTiger, Oct 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive had three fitted to mine for some time, and as i keep getting people asking me how the fook i did it, i guessed it must be a goodish idea.

When fitting the two normal side pouches don't zip up the zips facing the front face of the bergan (where that little mess tin sized pouch is).
    Take a 3rd side pouch and zip it to these unused zips.
    Extend the male/female buckle on the long strap on the bottom of the side pouch to its full length and clip it to the loop at the bottom of the bergen.
    At the top of the side pouch fasten the male/female clips used to attach to a day yoke together to form a loop and then thread the male part of the lid closing buckle on the main bergen through this. Voila.

I found this particularly good for carrying a radio around in, as the old 352/Clansman fits in there very nicely. you DO lose access to that small pouch on the front of the bergen, but what the effing hell use was it anyway?

I posted this because i was told it was a good idea that people might find useful. If im telling anyone to suck eggs, then sorry!
  2. *notes to get his hands on another rocket pouch*
  3. Could you post a pic mate?
  4. Ill see what i can knock up.
  5. Sounds good.

When i was in the Beacons came across a Para off ITC who had some how got a triple pouch set (webtex or Raven )on the inf bergen where the small pouch was, any ideas on this one??
  6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Call Troopers on this number : 01206 511 268 it's where most of 2 & 3 Para have had their bergans & webbing modified.

Btw, the pouches are neither Raven nor Webtex - milspec only there.
  7. There is a word of caution, the more space you have in your bergan, the more you tend to fill it with 8O You might appreciate the extra kit when you stop, but not whilst humping it. Travel light, freeze at night :)
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

True story Scalieback - but I reckon it's something the individual has to sort for himself.

Sometimes it's best to let people sweat their nads off on an exercise or two until they work out what they really need to drag with them. :D
  9. Most of my bergen is filled with doss bag anyway, thus why i needed the extra capacity. I just pack different 'sets' of equpment in to each rocket pouch, so basha, pegs etc. in one, warm kit in another and rations etc. in the third. That way, my doss bag and everything else doesnt have to get unpacked for me to get stuff out. Its just the best way for me. As for 'travel light, freeze at night, I don't think Ive ever ended up carrying more than 15kg in my bergen on any exercise from a weekend to a month long.
  10. Issue? No Softie 10/3?
  11. Cheers for that, anybody got experience of using them or how they work (ie do i have to send them my bergen in the post etc)
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

They're a good bunch, will listen to your requirements & even offer suggestions.

You can either send them your bergan, take it round or they'll mod another one & send that to you.

You could always bell them & find out though Rock......

Oh, ask them about their made-to-measure one-piece belt orders too, they're the mutt's.
  13. Not a bad idea, might just do that lol

I gave the third pouch on the bergen ago yesterday, instead tried a medics side pouch, makes the bergen massive.[/img]