Fitness

Well..

..basically I wanted to know some theoretical stuff.

Interested :? Haha..

Anyway, I was wondering, as your running fitness improves, do you run at a faster pace without knowing it and still find it as challenging.. or do you eventually get so good that you can go forever whilst still feeling fine?

Cause I seem to be going at a faster pace but it seems just as hard? Maybe it's cause as of yet i'm still an amateur :x

Its really a combination of both, I pace myself around the 1.5mile since thats the most common run I do (well 2 mile including warm up). If I am running further I just take it a little easy and same the other way, what I have found though is that since I run the 1.5mile once a day (and I say it EVERY day) is that 'those football pitches dont get any smaller', I find I do improve my time but still end up huffing and puffing like a fat guy running from salad.

Gedge said:
Its really a combination of both, I pace myself around the 1.5mile since thats the most common run I do (well 2 mile including warm up). If I am running further I just take it a little easy and same the other way, what I have found though is that since I run the 1.5mile once a day (and I say it EVERY day) is that 'those football pitches dont get any smaller', I find I do improve my time but still end up huffing and puffing like a fat guy running from salad.
Yeah, which brings me to think maybe I should buy a power breather thing? When I earn more than £4.50 an hour part time :oops:

Iv got 1 of those power breathers lurking around but never really got into it, I supose it helped a bit but then I just thought I would rather spend that time exercising since that still helps alot more.

Gedge said:
Iv got 1 of those power breathers lurking around but never really got into it, I supose it helped a bit but then I just thought I would rather spend that time exercising since that still helps alot more.
Fair enough, but in times of desperation.. (well not really) i'm willing to give anything that might help a go ;)

Recently the top of my nose seems a bit closed so i'm trying to do something about that.. might try one of those strip things :wink:

All PT in the Army is designed to push you no matter how fit you are. Someone who runs in 8:40 should find their time just as hard as someone who does 10:10, the PFT is best effort. Steady state running gets easier though.

Well it depends what you are talking about. My "easy" runs feel the same as they did 6 months ago but I am going 3 minutes per mile faster with the same effort. Fartlek is still hideous, as is sprint intervals as those things involve a relative effort which is the same no matter how good a runner you are. As has been said, the 1.5 should hurt even if you can do it in 7:30.

J.

JayCam said:
Well it depends what you are talking about. My "easy" runs feel the same as they did 6 months ago but I am going 3 minutes per mile faster with the same effort. Fartlek is still hideous, as is sprint intervals as those things involve a relative effort which is the same no matter how good a runner you are. As has been said, the 1.5 should hurt even if you can do it in 7:30.

J.
Funilly enough it's after the 1.5 miles that it begins to become harder ;)

Maybe that's cause of the hills :p

Hmmm I was told the push ups and sit ups are done after the 1.5mile? I found a great ripping to pieces is on a saturday (I dont exersize on a sunday) is to do 2miles (.5mile warm up then 1.5mile stead run) followed by pyramid press ups, then 70 sit ups then do another 2mile session but time the last 1.5mile, i know if I get that under 11mins im doing ok.

RoyalEngineers said:
Yeah, which brings me to think maybe I should buy a power breather thing? When I earn more than £4.50 an hour part time :oops:
You're being underpaid 10p an hour.

only £4.60 for people who are 18 or over an dunless im mistaken royalengineers is 16?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
9 The Training Wing 1
PartTimePongo AGC, RAPTC and SASC 1
P Army Reserve 57