Fitness standards for mobilisation?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by salty6270, May 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Can anyone confirm the fitness standards required by both males and females in order to deploy and the differences for different age groups?

2. The same as they are to pass MATT level one. If you dont pass the unit you are going to may tell you to do one.
  3. MATT2 Level 1 - see here.

Page 2.2.2, aka 20, for the PFA, 2.3.1, aka 77, for the AFT.
  4. I'm sorry for my ignorance but what is the standard for MATT level one? I'm a Royal Marine so things are different for us but I am ex Army and I just can't remember the fitness standards. I was also interested to see if this differed for the TA
  5. One and a half miles in 10 and a half minutes or under for under 30's. If you are over 50 you have a week. Eight miles in two hours CFT with different wights for different cap badges.
  6. Cheers for the replies. Is that the same for females? Unfortunately I can't use the link you sent Idrach because my service number doesn't register
  7. Less weight for CFT, time and distance the same for females. You get more time on the run based on sex and age. If you are a 50+ woman you have enough time for a smoke break in the middle.
  8. I wish.
  9. bollocks, the girls carry the same on the CFT
  10. What time are women required to get on the 1.5 mile run?
  11. look up matts2 on armynet
  12. I don't have access to armynet because I'm a Marine and my service number isn't accepted but thanks for the reply
  13. Infantry CFT 8 miles in 2 hours with 25kg (including weapon).

Corps I think is 18kg?
  14. If you're a bootneck, why are you asking about Army fitness standards for deployment? Your's are likely to be somewhat tougher, given that you don't have useless aged REMFs like me polluting your deployables pool?

On the other hand, if you've got a specific person in mind, she ought to be able to get to the Armynet link on her service number (assuming she isn't an RMR bandy, in which case I've no idea)?

13mins for the kids, 18 for grannies. I'm beginning to think you've got some harmony issues?

BTW - the only difference for the TA was that we used to do less distance (in less time) on what was the CFT and is now the AFT - this is being brought to a common standard but they're taking a few years about it so as not to kill all of us fat knackers.
  15. I guess I should briefly explain my interest. I am a bootneck and I got injured on Herrick 5. I've battled hard with rehab and am finally making progress however I'm not at a standard to be classed as fully fit in bootneck standards. As a result I've been told that I can't deploy even in a 'non-combat' role to support my unit in a FOB for example. The reason they give is that the FOB might get over run!! I find that ridiculous and knowing that many army ranks, male and female, from all different cap badges can serve in the FOB's I'm trying to find out the fitness standard they have to achieve to do that.
    I've been to Headley court and out performed all my course mates on a number of occasions and I can easily pass the army 1.5 mile run. I'm hoping to build up enough supporting evidence to appeal the decision about me not being able to deploy, hence my query here but also it's through personal frustration that after 3 years of recovery I'm still being held back when really I'm physically more capable than other people who deploy.

Anyway rant over. If any one can come back with specifics of times and weight etc then it would be great.