Fitness standards for entry and how to achieve them.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by EX_STAB, Jun 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good link, but it would also be useful to know what the required standards are although these can easily be found on the forums
  2. This link is good aswell, shows you how to perform excercises aswell as havng a training schedule
    doesn't go straight to page but go to How do I join then to get fit for the army the interactive training programme. Haven't actually done it personally but looks useful!
  3. There's a training programme on the page I posted if you have a good look through it.
  4. If you goto your AFCO(Careers Office) Then they will give you a fitness pack, which will have a 12 week training program on the bottom of it.

It's absolutely class and you can always add things to it, like i've done.
  5. Well going by the entry standards I've seen I'm OK for anything except the Paras and I'm 38 so come on lads, get stuck in!

I've just got to sort out some major life headaches and I hope to be joining again myself (Missus permitting!)
  6. go into your AFCO/ACIO???? surely thats far too complicated, when you can just sit behind your keyboard and get others to do your work
  7. Yeah, especially for DaPs, who's never been do an AFCO in his life!
  8. They bring me out in hives, i can't even put a foot in the door and wham!