fitness requirements for RMP

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by jimbo12345, Sep 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am thinking about joining the RMP and have passed the BARB test etc.
    I am just wondering on the selection what are the fitness requiremtns for joining the RMP?
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL..

2. Perhaps you should make up your mind first if you want to be RMP or a PTI. If you want to be RMP then it'll be a while before you are put forward for the APTI course. The fitness requirements are the same as others going to phase 1 , a little research will give you the actual figures,there are plenty of threads on here ref the subject and the answer can also be found on the Army website (if you are serious about being RMP then use your initiative)

3. :wink: Ever thought of asking the Staff down at the recruiting office? It is what they are paid to know!!!

4. If you are under 30 then you need to be able to do 44 press ups in two minutes, 50 sit ups in 2 minutes and run a mile and a half in under 10 min 30 sec, pretty standard stuff no matter what you join.

You will also be expected to complete a CFT which is an 8 mile loaded march in 2 hours.

5. if you are nearly forty and in the sib they will try and get you to pass pft's but ............... how do they like them onions, come on what are they going to do sack me

6. Come and join me on special PT!!

7. been there done that got the t-shirt

8. i am thinking of going for a transfer to the RMP wot is the manning like and wot do u think my chances would be are they looking for experienced soldiers?

9. probly but they won wunz wot knos propr gramir as dey do reedn an ritin an fings.

10. But not a lot of runnin!

11. Hey look at me. I used to be in the Army. Wasn't very good at it and left after 6 yrs. My problem was that I found it hard being a gay sold in the 90's. I was desperate to come out, but I'd have been crucified. I was having an affair with a cook. He used to give me loaves of RAOC bread for blowjobs. RAOC bread? Anyone else got memories of that? I literally had tons of the stuff under my bed in the 6 man room. Anyway, I'm still sucking c*ck but as I'm a bit more cosmopolitan nowadays,I do it for bagels...and cream cheese. I do **** for pies and cakes.

12. Thanks for that irrational, irrelevant outbreak Hemingway.

13. Well done 104. Although I wanted to, I could not for the life of me work out how to reply to that babble without sounding just as deranged :lol:

14. Just another fcking 'victim' just like the scousers. I was in for the seventies, eighties and ninetees and there always was a huge number of gays in the army more proportionatly than in civvy street. The only ones who were stuffed by the rules were the ones who didn't know how to play the game or were sacrificed to protect more senior gays.

15. Ah, the old Londonderry Lesbian trick.