FITNESS Qs & ADSC 1.5 mile run times

Has the run been reduced? Used to be 1.5. I had to do the run at Glencorse. Can remember being told by a Rupert that we should do it in about thirteen minutes. Then once he left we got informed by a gnarly looking sergeant that if we didn't do it in under eleven minutes then fvck off. He didn't want us in his beloved army.
Broke the tension anyway!
Why do you call your senior officers Ruperts?

Cuaderno

Swinger
Any tips on practising for the mid-thigh pull without the use of any gym equipment at all and stuck indoors?
I don't have any physical training qualifications nor am I a soldier yet but what I would do is to look at the muscles used in the exercise and then exercise those muscles in a different way to make them stronger. Once again I am not qualified but that is just what my thoughts are.

Cuaderno

Swinger
I have a question regarding running for the Parachute Regiment; Should I be focused on long distance endurance running or should I also do sprints training? I have read around the forum and have seen people just advicing to run long distances to train and others saying that sprints and fartlek training is also very effective.

Swt16

Clanker
I have a question regarding running for the Parachute Regiment; Should I be focused on long distance endurance running or should I also do sprints training? I have read around the forum and have seen people just advicing to run long distances to train and others saying that sprints and fartlek training is also very effective.
Personally mate I would do both to cover all bases

Cuaderno

Swinger
At the moment everyday but that is only because of lockdown.
Normally I would run on 4 days, go to the gym for 2 days and go swimming 1 day a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I say gym I mean I go to my boxing gym

Swt16

Clanker
At the moment everyday but that is only because of lockdown.
Normally I would run on 4 days, go to the gym for 2 days and go swimming 1 day a week.

I have started running 5 a week because of lockdown. My plan is 3 longer slow runs, 1 fartlek run and 1 interval session

Do I need to be able to swim? Cause I am really really bad at it as I haven't had the privilege to get full lessons. I did them at school, but they mainly focused on the people who could already swim meaning I had to try and teach myself

Do I need to be able to swim? Cause I am really really bad at it as I haven't had the privilege to get full lessons. I did them at school, but they mainly focused on the people who could already swim meaning I had to try and teach myself
Yes, you do. Cant remember the distance off top of head; something like a full lap or two depending on the size of the pool. Any stroke, just dont touch the side.