FITNESS Qs & ADSC 1.5 mile run times

I walk 3 miles home from school everyday and my bag weighs about 10 kg. I didn't know longer runs damage you until you're fully grown.

I've been boxing for around 4 years and Hockey for 1 year. Is that good? I am thinking about taking up Rugby since my school has a pretty good rugby team.
It's the effect of the impact on your bones which are still growing. Long distance walking is fine and middle distance running (say half an hour, best on grass if you have a park or woods to hand) is fine but 15 to 20 miles running is not clever especially if it's on tarmac.

It's the effect of the impact on your bones which are still growing. Long distance walking is fine and middle distance running (say half an hour) is fine but 15 to 20 miles running is not clever especially if it's on tarmac.
Im not fit enough for those distances anyway. The highest I can pull out of me is 8 miles and that is if I really use everything I got.

Im not fit enough for those distances anyway. The highest I can pull out of me is 8 miles and that is if I really use everything I got.

OK. I amended my post to add best on grass or woodland paths rather than on tarmac.

It is easy to get injured in Rugby and that is why I am cautious about starting it.
It’s easy to get injured in a lot of sports. I played rugby from U12 to U17 and never got injured. I did play mostly in the backs though. Mainly 9 and 15 when I was 16/17.

On the day of the 1.5 mile run is it mostly up hill? I have been training so about half my run is up hill just in case.
Courses vary. However, they do have to be broadly neutral in terms of uphill, downhill and difficult corners. Hill running is good for strength so leave it in your training.

Latest Threads