Fitness Programmes

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by junglist01, Dec 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any PTI,S out there , got any fitness programmes ?
  2. What do you want to acheive?
  3. 40 pushups, 50 situps a day and 8 miles twice a week is a good start.

Nice thing is you can do all of that without a fitness centre or such.

Buy proper running shoes, though. You don't want irritated achiles tendons or shinsplint.

4. World peace... oops, I thought this was part of the Mr Arrse 2006 awards... :oops:
  5. General all round fitness, bit of fat loss on the belly, but no major muscle build!!!!
  6. Run. Simple really.
  7. Although often easier said than done.
  8. I'll second that last one!
  9. Don't run with weight on though.

Q, I'd like, knee, left, one for the use of.....
  10. Really?

Put one leg infront of the other..... a bit like walking, only faster?

11. Then how do you train for speedmarching?

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

By running in proper running shoes to improve CV fitness, and tabbing with boots and weight, ideally off road. The tabbing should not form the major part of your training, and should be progressively built up.

13. I think all running should ideally be done off road. It is much better for your ankles, knees and lower back.
    It must be said though, that off road is best done on unpaved roads of in open forests. Darting over a moor or through a pasture can get you stepping into holes and fcuking op your ankles anyway! :idea:

Tabbing: 3 Mph.
    Running: 8 Mph.

14. For my fitness program I went off the Royal Marines Pre-PRMC booklet (aquired when I applied, not to walt it up).

I found it gave me above good all round fitness and strong upper body strength. It's only a basic program too that is easy to complete and it isn't one that require marathon runs or some other extreme number...

It also requires a good healthy balanced diet...

If you can't get hold of one and you'd like to see the program it should be somewhere on the internet along with the PARAS version of their Pre-selection training. If you still can't find it drop us a pm and I'll try and dig it out for you.
  15. Silver Shadows!