Fitness! {new to this;)}

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by natalieblackburn, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, thanks for looking/reading :)
    Has anyone got a good idea of a fitness programme I could use for my pre-joining fitness?
    I've tried to follow the army's one that they give out when they give you all the booklets about army life etc but it dosent seem to be working for me.
    Even tried the navy one!
    I'm a 19yr old female, wanting to join as a medic assistant
    We've got an electric treadmill at home but been advised to try to stick to running out doors as the test is on a running track and not on a treadmill
    Any info/advice is appreciated!
  2. 1) Eat less
    2) Run more
    3) If that's your real name I'd change it.
    5) I can't count
    6) That joke's been done to death.

Use a GPS to track your runs. Ensure you improve. Work up to long slow 8 - 12 milers, that worked for me, with 2 mile as fast as you can jobs as a measure of your success.

Sit ups and press ups until you meet the standard. Split them into 3 sets of x reps at first.

This is what I did back in the day as a start. Ask about the booklet at the careers office if you don't understand it.
  3. ..........and prepare to be virtual-molested. It won't be pretty.
  4. There is a sticky just for girls who are joining and you won't get pested on there.
  5. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Check out

Bang out 100 sit ups and 100 press us a day (do sets of 10 and work up to doing them all in a single session).
    Do CrossFit on days you do not run (join a CrossFit 'Box' if you can afford it).
    Eat a mixed and healthy diet.

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.