Fitness levels

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Little Jack H, Sep 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone out there explain what the current annual fitness tests are for a 37 Y/O male? Last time these things mattered to me we'd just started wearing trainers for BFTs and, as a Teccy, only did CFTs when we couldn't find something more important (broken Lynxes / sweeping hangers / brewing up etc...)

11 years on, and I'm finally getting round to some fitness work. Been working to a civvy gym instructor's idea of "strenuous" for the past 4 months but would like to see if I can get back to the level I'd be at if I'd stayed in.

Trouble is, I can't find any of the current tests on the Net - lots of Yank stuff but I'd rather test myself against a real soldier's standards :wink:

2. depends. if you are reg and in the uk its

39 press ups
    43 sit ups
    11:30 mile an half

two BPFA s a year and a cft which is 8 miles weight no less than 15 kg no more than 25 kg thats 35lb and 55 lb weight doesn t include water.

weight is dependent on job

3. Cheers for that - getting closer than I expected on the BPFA, but think I'll give the CFTs a miss for now (if I wanna carry 55lb 8 miles I'll use a car, thanks very much! :) )

4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Depends also if your regiment decide to do one every other month (both CFT and BFPA) as they have lost your paperwork or as in our unit make the sickies pass a minimum of three before they are off regimental pt (there is no such thing as a sick chit (excused pt) here).

5. That depends on the PT staff. If you have decent pt staff they will not lose the records. Also depends on your CO s pt policy. I however haven t lost a form or gave more than 2 BPFA s a year or 1 CFT a year.

6. Thanks for the advice. So, if I'd stayed in then at 37 minimum level I'd be expected to maintain is 11:30 1.5 mile, 39 press ups, 43 sit ups? Makes me feel a bit better about how I'm doing - failed the last one before I left (well, BFT with 3 weeks to go???? 8O ) but should be able to pass by christmas. My OC would be proud :D :D :D

Didn't have the sits / press ups when I left. Are they timed or just "until you drop"? And I assume the whole thing is done together - is there recovery between exercises?

7. Kel

Kel Old-Salt

Two minutes each for press ups and sit ups. They're done before the run. Think it's 800m warm up run before mile and a half. We got about 20 seconds recovery time between warm up and proper run.

8. Cheers.

Should make that before the crawl with a bit of effort:D

9. Right you've told him about the BPFA and BCFT, but are you just going to let him find out about the ACFT 1 and 2, which can be used as a replacement for the BCFT.