Fitness levels

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Immy1, Jun 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    i had a baby 4 weeks ago and can't really start doing excessive exercise until my 6 week check. I went to the army careers office and told them my fitness levels were shockingly bad and they said to still start my application as it is taking so long to process. I completed the online application 4 days ago and this morning received my online medical form. I didnt expect any response so quickly! I just wondered how long approx I have if i submitted my medical form now, or whether I should hold off submitting it until I regain some Level of fitness! I'm very keen on joining the TA and want to be at my best but at the same time I'm quite impatient and want to get things moving. I obviously plan on putting 110% into getting fit and am doing what i can at the minute. If its still going to take a couple of months then ill send it and keep things moving,.
    Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi, yes I do think I can. I've got a very supportive husband who knows I've wanted to do this for a few years (previously put off joining when I had my first child) and although I know it will be tough and hardwork I think it will be good for me to have something that's just for me. ( I hope that doesn't sound selfish)

3. Good for you and congratulations. I doubt you'll be in any shape for any strenuous phys for approx 6mths after giving birth, then approx. 3-6mths for getting into shape, unless your Madonna.

Madonna's secret weapon: The fitness guru who's given the 50-year-old singer the body of a 25-year-old | Mail Online

4. Army Jobs

Army Jobs Swinger SME

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]The rules are straight forward, you can apply 3 months after giving birth.[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

5. Army Jobs

Army Jobs Swinger SME

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD] Use these links to help get you fit before you consider to apply, but wait until you get 6 week check.

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Get Fit for Army Brochure[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/Fitnes_LowRes.pdf[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]Get Fit for Army Poster[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/Get_Fit_for_the_Army_Poster.pdf[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

6. Thanks for the info. I'm not sure why the guys in the careers office told me to fill in my application straight way then if I can't even start application for 3 months? Not to worry I will use the time to get fit and then ill continue with my medical form in a few weeks.

7. Congratulations and good luck.

From my own recent experience, I'd advise anyone to start the ball rolling asap. It will more than likely take quite a while for the whole process so you don't want to wait now so you can get fit, then wgen you feel ready and good to go, still have months to wait around as that can be demoralising.