Fitness levels

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by liamk1990, Jan 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, Been a while since i last been on and was wondering if there's anything i should aim to do before is tart basic in 17 days.

Currently training 6 days a week, 3 days running and 3 days in the gym and try to fit a swim in twice a week.

I do 3 miles Monday, 5 miles Wednesday & 10 miles on a Friday. Timing the first mile & half on the first day to see if there's any improvement ( There is ) and do press ups on my running days. In the gym i do my usual routine along with sits ups with a 10 kilo weight on my chest. My mile & 1/2 is now just under 9 minutes which is a lot better than what it was and doing 4 sets of 25 press ups and bringing my hands in closer to my chest every set. Is there anything else i could work on that would make basic that little bit easier for myself or should i just carry on doing what i am doing and give myself 3 days rest before i start training? Cheers

2. Sometimes I find I get my best time after a week or two of no training at all, due to holidays or something.
    I go out expecting to have got worse, and get my best time ever.
    Might be worth considering?

3. I do not think now is the time to stop training as i am off in 17 days. Want to be as fit as possible so i am not getting my head ripped off by the corporals when i get there :p

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I'd take the last 7 days off before you go and rest. You sound better prepared than most.

5. That's what i'll do then, Have a week rest before i go.

Like they say " Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

6. Try and and take a couple of days off before then other wise you are over training and won't improve as much. Your body needs time to rebuild. Recovery is just as important as exercise.

7. Practice your ironing and polishing. You seem to be up to speed with the phys.

8. You don't like pies? You'll be fucked in the cookhouse then. Practically every meals a pie or fish

9. i can iron its just the polishing i will have tog et used to, Well at least i think i can iron

10. Frey bentos? ;)

11. Where you training to & what regiment you joining?

12. I wouldn't last a week if i did **** all! Train this week now and then relax for a week before i sign my life away :)