Fitness in Qaranc

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by SN2010, Aug 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hope I've posted this in the right board.

I'm planning on applying to get into Qaranc when I qualify as a nurse in Feb 2010 and I know it's still over a year away but my fitness level at the moment is appauling. I really want to start improving now so I'm at a level that's better than the bare minimum when I go for my fitness test.

Spoke online on the Army site to a Sargent and he said that the fitness tests vary between whatever you are applying for. Can anyone tell me of the CURRENT or recent-ish fitness requirements for a 21y/o FEMALE to be in the nursing corps?

From reading 50% of the posts on this forum I know a lot of soldiers think that nurses don't require a level of fitness and we all have fat arses but I don't want to be painted with the same brush. I want to be the best I can be, so any help here would be great. Thanks.
  2. Welcome to ARRSE, SN2010. 21 and female? My best advice would be for you to post a full body pic in the gallery so that the helpful soldiers here can give you a frank opinion as to what 'training' you need to be doing...
  3. Seconded.
  4. With or without my Student Nurse uniform?

And are you an actual brummie? High 5!
  5. I can't believe I've pulled on-line for the first time ever!

Pity you're female and 21 though. Male and 12 is much more me...
  6. with a bottle of bud up your clack cheers
  7. Quite vulgar but I like you already :wink:
  8. A new brush can be arranged. Chocolate spread or marmite?
  9. I'd much prefer peaNUT butter.

*You guys have got me sitting here laughing away. I'm going to like it on here ...
  10. You want vulgarity? I once came in my pants whilst watching Lil Chris play live at the Nightingale. I would say I like you too but I once went out with a bloke from UCE and he was a complete fcuk-stick. Sorry.
  11. It comes to something when you look in the Grauniad for army fitness advice...
  12. Oh my god! Tell me you're joking? Lil Chris?
    You'd probably catch me over the road at DV8 trying to dance with Twiggy.

Thanks so much for the links. Great help. Much appreciated!
  13. It's a multiple choice test these days, isn't it?
  14. Yes, Lil Chris. Honestly Sharon, I would drink his fcuking bath water.