Fitness Help

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Smiler_1985, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just started swimming regularly, helps having the girlfriend involved too as im more motivated. But wondering if anyone has some pointers/advice regarding gettin fit enough. My run is around 13mins for 1.5miler so I know i need to improve. My upper body strength needs work too.

Any PTI's/fitness crazies out there? Just wanna pass ADSC and get set up well for basic.

**I know theres a Fitness forum but thought some of the potentials/applicants here might have suggestions too as this is a more used forum**

2. At the moment im doing 3mile runs 3 or 4 times a week, then usually time my 1.5 a day through the week. Try cycling aswell, i find that gives me a different form of excercise, also even a long walk at a fast pace is good too. Skipping is also fun lol :)
  3. Il do that. Aye thats why im doing swimming. breaks the routine. Plus swimming comes in useful.
  4. To get good at running = run
    To get stronger = Lift weights in the gym.

Simple really isn't it?
  5. When was at selection yesterday the Seargeant said run do press ups and sit ups, increasing time/amount every week...try running with weight on back too...
  6. Did he also say anything about learning to spell Sergeant? or Serjeant if your that way inclined!
  7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Use the stickies, that's what they're there for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.