Morning everyone
Just wanted some opinions on my current fitness levels and training

I'm a 22 year old South African hoping to join the Paras. Covid dependant I will be doing my BFA on the 17th of March. I'm naturally a big lad weighing in at a pretty lean 100kg and 6.1ft. I am more fortunate then most because I have alot of extra time on my hands to do PT. I'm big on recovery and do loads of stretching and try and include 2 rest days per week. Here's a run down on how my training has been looking and my current fitness levels.

Current run times
2km: 08:00mins
5km: 21:30mins
15km 1h:13min

Weekly training

Running
The last 3 weeks has been two 15km runs at beginning and middle of the week. But for the passed 6-8 months before that I have been running 3-4 times per week varying my distances anywhere between 2km and 15km.

Low impact cardio
I have also been doing a bit of low impact cardio just to build my cv without breaking my body. It usually includes 30minutes of spinning once or twice per week and the rowing machine once or twice per week. Either a 5km row (time 18:45) or a sprinting session (250m, 500m, 750m, 1000m)

Workouts
I vary my training sessions quite alot and will training 3-4 times per week. I use only kettlebells and bodyweight but here's the sessions I've been doing recently. All for time and all sub 1hour except session#3 were I just sort of just train instinctively

Session#1
200 press ups
200 squats
200 situps
200 lunges
200 burpees

Session#2
100 squats
90 press ups
80 situps
70 kettle bell deadlifts
60 burpees
50 dips
40 kettle bell lunge
30 kettle bell cleans
20 single arm kettle bell swings
10 kettle bell snatches
5 x 100meter sprints

Session#3
Full body circuit session which usually includes:
Swings
Snatches
Cleans
Press ups
Toes to bar
Pull ups

Session#4
100 American kettlebell swing
200 Russian kettlebell swing

Everytime you fail you do 5 burpees, 10 press ups and 15 squats

My biggest thing I think I could improve on is my 2km.The last time I did it was a few weeks ago so I'm sure it's improved since then. Just thought I would see there's any Paras or any one with some experience who could give a little bi of guidence on how I'm doing and if I should change anything

Thanks for any replies in advance and apologies its such a long read

Many undertake P Company and pass easily but then fail the parachute course. Some, as part of their pre-para training, go to a civilian para club, many run by ex-para's and do the British Parachute Club's course where you find out if you will "GO" on "Green."

Many undertake P Company and pass easily but then fail the parachute course. Some, as part of their pre-para training, go to a civilian para club, many run by ex-para's and do the British Parachute Club's course where you find out if you will "GO" on "Green."

Where have you got that information from?

Thanks for the advice. That's also a big one to think about. Easy to forget that there's alot more to it the fitness

Tuffty

War Hero
Mate from your results your fit enough to pass the Basic Entry but dont sit back and think thats all you have to do. Believe me no matter how fit you are after you have been beasted for an hour + its all in the mind and no matter how shit you feel never give up. When you jack 30 secs later you will wish you hadnt belive me

Rooper

War Hero
Total and utter horseshit!

Mate from your results your fit enough to pass the Basic Entry but dont sit back and think thats all you have to do. Believe me no matter how fit you are after you have been beasted for an hour + its all in the mind and no matter how shit you feel never give up. When you jack 30 secs later you will wish you hadnt belive me
Thanks mate
Probably the best thing to be focusing on. I would rather suffer until my body gives up on me then have to live with how disappointed I would be in myslef for quiting. It's all or nothing. While it's easer said then done when it's crunch time Im not willing disappoint myself.

Heres hoping I'm not all bark and no bite

Latest Threads