Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Fitness for reserves?

Hi folks, I’m looking to join the reserves as a driver at my local uni while at uni (local OTC uni with my uni is too far away). Been in contacted with the unit about it and all good there but what I’m wondering is fitness level for regs? I know full time has quite strict fitness tests and requirements, are those the same standard for the reserves? I’m not the best at fitness atm so obviously needs work but needing to know who much advanced work is needed

The basic fitness requirements for the Regs aren't 'fit'.

Why not think about exceeding the basic standards - that's actually easier because getting fit and maintaining fitness is usually a lifestyle change for most - and once that change has been made, there's always new goals and standards, usually set by yourself rather than anyone else.

Get working, don't worry about some test - if you're doing the right stuff, you'll pass it easily at some point.

Hi folks, I’m looking to join the reserves as a driver at my local uni while at uni (local OTC uni with my uni is too far away). Been in contacted with the unit about it and all good there but what I’m wondering is fitness level for regs? I know full time has quite strict fitness tests and requirements, are those the same standard for the reserves? I’m not the best at fitness atm so obviously needs work but needing to know who much advanced work is needed
The standards are essentially the same for most units, less the current cut (walk with a bag on your back) which is six miles for reserves and 8 for regulars. You actually do less as part of reserve basic.

Just get fit and you'll be fine