Fitness/educational requirements for the Grenadier Guards?

Hi I am an American born lad (duel citizen) who is moving to the U.K. in January of 2019 to join the British army. I had my eyes set on the Parachute Regiment for the longest time, however lately my knees have been giving my trouble. They are ok for now but i feel like joining the Parachute Regiment might be to physically intense for me. (as sad as it makes me to say it) This brought me to the grenadier guards, another regiment i liked the look of. I thought that they might be a good idea as they are still infantry but less intense maybe??? I would love to know the requirements for all the tests at the assessment center for the guards. ESPECIALLY the 1.5 mile run time. Also i was wondering if the Grenadier Guards had any educational requirements. (when we called the army they said parachute regiment didn't have any) education is a tricky one as here in America we graduate at age 18-19 which if i recall correctly is a bit later than in the UK, and i'm not to sure if the Guards will take to kindly of me not having graduating high school. Sorry for the essay lads but to recap: fitness and educational requirements for the Grenadier guards (or coldstreem guards). Thanks!

I’m further along the process of joining the Foot Guards, albeit it the Irish Guards.

Fitness standards are the same for any infantry regiment.

During the assessment you’ll have to run 1.5 miles in 12:45 or under.

You’ll also have to do a jerry can lift carrying two 20kg jerry cans over a set distance at a set pace and a power bag lift up to 40kg.

They’re all totally doable for someone with reasonable fitness.

As for educational requirements, there’s none, however, you’ll need to have an English and maths standard that is equivalent of that of a 10/11 year old and unless you have university or high school certificates, you’ll have to take tests to show you meet that standard. (Naturally they’re super easy).

Graduating high school is not necessary per se.

You’ll also have to do the ACT - a cognitive test that is relatively easy; you’ll get a practice test during the early application process before attending the assessment centre so make sure to do that.

Besides that, there’s very little other fitness requirements for the assessment.

If you knees are giving you trouble now, it is highly likely that basic training for any regiment/Corp is going to highlight any weakness.
As for the educational standards of the Grenadier Guards...................I am sure they have some.

There is a lot of info about requirements and standards on the Army website. Here is there page specifically on fitness: Fitness - British Army

Have a gander round the website and get started on your online application. Once you get started on that you will get allocated a Candidate Support Manager (CSM) who can be first port of call for any questions you have.

Otherwise get working now on your fitness and make sure that your warm up/cool down routines are immaculate if your knees are giving you trouble. There is an app called 100% Army Fit which is official and you may find useful, it is on the Play and App stores.

If you knees are giving you trouble now, it is highly likely that basic training for any regiment/Corp is going to highlight any weakness.
As for the educational standards of the Grenadier Guards...................I am sure they have some.
Hey thanks for the reply. i think i found out what was happening with my knees. my flat feet caused my legs to rotated in and over time my meniscus was getting pinched. I've got some insoles now and plan on doing exercises to strengthen the soles of my feet. Cheers.

I’m further along the process of joining the Foot Guards, albeit it the Irish Guards.

Fitness standards are the same for any infantry regiment.

During the assessment you’ll have to run 1.5 miles in 12:45 or under.

You’ll also have to do a jerry can lift carrying two 20kg jerry cans over a set distance at a set pace and a power bag lift up to 40kg.

They’re all totally doable for someone with reasonable fitness.

As for educational requirements, there’s none, however, you’ll need to have an English and maths standard that is equivalent of that of a 10/11 year old and unless you have university or high school certificates, you’ll have to take tests to show you meet that standard. (Naturally they’re super easy).

Graduating high school is not necessary per se.

You’ll also have to do the ACT - a cognitive test that is relatively easy; you’ll get a practice test during the early application process before attending the assessment centre so make sure to do that.

Besides that, there’s very little other fitness requirements for the assessment.
Thats great to hear mate. The parachute need you to run the 1.5 mile in 9:40 given you could lift the max on the static lift. (if not then 8:00 or under, yikes) so 12:45 sounds like music to my ears. however as i think i have solved the problem with my knees i think i will reconsider the paras. Cheers