Fitness Club/Centre Discounts for MOD personnel

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by diddydahdit, Mar 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gym Discounts for Serving Members

National schemes now exist giving serving Armed Forces members discounts. If you are interested in getting a discount from your gym/club, read on. This applies if you are already a member of the clubs involved.

We have negotiated discounts with some of the leading clubs around the UK and can offer these to any military personnel. Simply the more people who get involved, the more discount we can negotiate. New discount packages will be available from April 2006.

Background. This scheme was set up for my TA sub-unit in order to improve fitness. I needed to encourage my guys to get to the gym. Now, some months on, we can offer this nationally. We are getting about 25% off the normally monthly fees and benefit from some special conditions. i.e If you are deployed away you can freeze/cancel your account - you don't get that with many clubs!

How to take part. There is no fee to join, it is totally free. All we ask is that you register on our site to get the information. Why? We need to be able to provide statistics to new and exisiting clubs to help us negotiate continued discounts and registering gives us some ammo!

If you are a member of a club that is not part of our agreement, let us know and we will try to negotiate for you - it's surprising what healthy competition can do for prices!

To go to the site click here

Please feel free to pass this URL on to your service friends, but please ask them to register on the site.

2. who is taking part apart from Fitness First? any other big chains?

3. msr

msr LE

Total Fitness offer 10%.

msr

4. We are currently working with LA Fitness, Fitness First, Virgin Active, Esporta and a few others. Sadly, these companies like to take their time and it has taken three months to get to where we are now. I hope to have some more news by next week as we are in the final stages of the Fitness First agreement and some way along with Virgin and Esporta.

I will try to get a better discount with Total Fitness once I have finished with the main players.

Cheers.

5. Both LA Fitness and Fitness First Schemes are live.

For LA Fitness, you can register on-line following the link from the Sports & Fitness/ pages.

For Fitness First, see details of scheme requirements by following the link to Sports & Fitness/

Esporta are offering a 10% discount, but is dependent upon numbers applying. If you are interested please PM me.

6. Whats up with getting out on the streets with you issued road slappers. Bang a few press ups and sit ups out and you'll pass the fitness test. There's nothing scientific about it that Fitness First can offer. If its cold get a sweat shirt on. Do fitness first offer bergans for your CFT training and a jack wagon. Flogging yourself on the training area's the answer, no corparate discussions and contracts just determination.

7. There is nothing wrong with anything you suggest. This is simply an offer to get 25% off Gym and Club membership. You are free to choose.

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

hey F,

be aware that there is an ongoing MoD discount Scheme which details offers like these from particular Health & Fitness organisations.

RLI Link here

The 2006 Brochure can now also be found online

URL is http://www.forcesdiscounts-mod.co.uk/

The Army POC is PS 10(A), Area K, 7th Floor, MoD Main Building, Whitehall. London SW1A 2HB

Have a word with them and explain what you've jacked up so far !

Le Chevre

9. Many thanks. I intend submitting this to the discount scheme, but need to finalise some details with the clubs as this started as a local initiative and has grown since. I am required to get agreement from the clubs before offering this through 'Forces Discount' as it will be a change to our various agreements.

I have one more major player - Virgin Active - coming on board and will post the details here soon.

10. May 06 update.

Virgin Active have now joined the discount scheme and are very happy to help promote fitness. With Virgin on-board, the three major fitness chains in the UK are now taking part.

If you haven't seen what is on offer, try this link. The scheme is totally free to join and is available to all serving Officers and Soldiers, but you will need to register on the site to gain access.

If you have any questions you can contact me via the website.

Please pass on to your colleagues.

11. hey diddy well done & thanks for the effort
    wwa