Fitness at the RCDM

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Ventress, Apr 19, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Does fitness have any meaning in Birmingham?

Or is the Army just an 'occupational hazard'for military nurses?
  2. Change Birmingham to any MDHU and you are so right!
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Lucky the BPFA is only an assessment really.

Why bother passing it.
  4. And as for CFTs, mention that word and suddenly the QAs have disappeared!
  5. I know alot a CMT's that were like that so steady on there young man!
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

But not as many as the RGN I'll wager.
  7. You're almost certianly right. But then again RGNs don't sit arround with only the box painting to tax them all day prior to the unit PT which is built into thier working day!

No most RGNs work stupid shifts propping up the NHS, doing the unsociable hours that thier civi colleagues don't want to do and then have to find the time and the motivation to run in thier own time.

Since joining the QAs (in 1997) I have not had the kit to do a CFT, the opportunity to fire a rifle and only in the last 18mths had any organised PT or chance to take part in unit/garrison/army sport. And adventure training is part of a fondly remembered RAMC past!

Perhaps the QAs don't want me to stay fit?
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Another quality and predictable retort- (My trade is better than your trade!!!) I am sure the majority of CMTs are gainfully employed, plus are motivated enough to get and do some fizz off their own back.
  9. Gentlepeople, there are truths in both your comments. Some RGNs are very good at fizz and are Army level rugby etc.

Some CMTs could do with missing the pies out at lunch abit more often as well.

MDHUs are notorious for the lack of time to do fizz. Mention time of to do fizz to a civvie and they give you a look of pure horror. Christ, you think they were asked to sacrifice thier first born!
  10. The QARANC has a minimum total personnel weight to maintain, im not sure if its measured in tonnage or water displacement though :wink:
  11. Its measured by how many extra bits are added to your C95 to make the largest size fit you! :twisted:
  12. What does little miss FF think about that??
  13. Well I have had to have counselling as I had found out how badly I was letting my Corps down. Not only did I make the mistake of passing my BPFA recently but under the modified QA Body Mass Index I am severely underwieght! :oops:

Don't worry though. The Corps have been very understanding. I have been issued with a "fat suit" to improve my appearance and been put on remedial pie eating. I have been banned from any form of PT until such time as I wheeze while climbing stairs.

Hopefully I will soon feel like an accepted member of QA society.
  14. good on you for not letting your corps down, your dedication has been noted :wink:
  15. Come see me and we will measure you up for a new set of C95!

FB size, with side panels ready to be stitched on!