Fitness At Q.A Phase 2

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nurseyboy, Feb 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PTI at phase 2?

2. This is not meant to be patronising but self discipline followed by introducing a decent set of running trainers to the tarmac! A few sit ups and press ups in your room at the end of your run will keep you toned. I keep some dumb bells to stop my guns from withering.

I had a few years away from uniform whist in a training post and it is hard. I did well to begin with but put on a few pounds towards the end.

Keep yourself fit and looking dynamic. It will make people take you more seriously when you say you're in the Army.

It will also relieve stress when you're studying for exams.

Lt TS

3. Thanks alot for the tips. I guess self motivation is the key.

4. Self motivation certainly is the key or you'll end up with a QA issue rear end as well as wearing grey and being called nursey amungst other things.

5. we dont wear grey. and they couldnt care less about your fitness levels at birmingham, but you may then struggle on posting, so its up to you.

there is a pti, but his job only involves pestering young female students

6. Thought that was a PTI's remit to pester and point to where the toilets are with his arm muscles flexed

7. yep

self discipline is the key - dont be tempted to act like a civi for three years

maintain a decent level of fitness (you dont have to go mad on it) and life will be easier when you qualify and receive your first posting order as an RN

in the same way that you set aside time for study ( i would hope) - allocate some of your time to maintaining your level of fitness

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Although the majority of those amongst you will choose this route.

9. A highly amusing blog!

10. which part was amusing?

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The fact FITNESS and QA are in the same sentance.

12. well it does seem to be the only branch of the army where fitness is frowned upon.

13. Just the whole PTI pestering chat from an innocent question on fitness!

Brilliant. :thumright:

14. wasnt really a "whole chat" just 2 posts about there being a pti, who, in real life, spends all his time pestering student girls. and its not to get them to jog more

15. It only takes 3 phys sessions a week for 20-30 mins to maintain a decent level of fitness. As a Corps I guess we do have a reputation as far as fitness goes. At Pompey we had PT every wed afternoon. This did not however, stop some students treble in size over the three years training (male and female) and would wobble off to the clothing store for new no2's every time Corps day or rememberance came around. Unfortunatley you are going to RCDM where you will find the Army cadets will have a more military bearing. You are now within the military and maintain the standard that goes along with it and not just on the fitness side. A few sit ups, press ups and a run should see you ticking over. Dont get fat, as you are expected to do, and look like a complete arrse when you tip up to your unit.

Oh yeah for all its worth, the PTI's still pesterd (if thats a word) our lot. thats their job :hump:

Wee Man.