Fitness Advice for joining the army

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by New_Recruit, Jun 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there,

I went to amry careers centre on friday to join the Royal signals and i filled out my application form and i thought the wheel was in motion. However the recruiter took my height and weight (6ft1/15st.1lb) and he said i am over weight according to the BMI (body mass index). He told me i cant join until i get to 14stone but the thing is i am not overweight i just do alot of weight training and thats why, ok i could get to 14stone but i want to do so really quicky cause i just quit my job for the army and i need advice in losing weight really quicky . i am already doing 3 mile runs a day and circuits (is this sufficient) .

any advice would be most appreciated !! cheers!
  2. AIDS will shift it.
  3. ouch - harsh AB - but LMAO though
  4. Become belemic, that will shed of the pounds. No seriously just start running, and cut the wieghts out just stick to push ups / sit ups and pull ups.

Cheers 2CB
  5. IF you can try to cut out the booze whilst you try to drop the weight, helped me to loose it a bit quicker.
  6. Well if the AMRY won't have you the ARMY just might. :wink:
  7. ask the miltary they should give you the right advise
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Ignore this fecking irresponsible cretin.

The answer is: carry on doing what you are doing. Increase the lengths of your runs whilst decreasing the amounts of weight you are lifting (increasing the reps at the same time). There are no jobs in the army for which you need to be spectacularly 'built' but good upper body strength is always useful.