FitBit-Worth Getting?

Been thinking of getting a Fitbit watch to monitor my lack of fitness.
But which to go for, have looked at the Versa & Charge 3, but unsure on other makes?
What do others on Arrse use?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Got a Charge 3. After a month of struggling to get it to sync with the PC, Fitbit and Microsoft agreed there was an issue with the model. Sent it back. Got a Versa Lite. Does what it says on the tin. It also pairs with my Fire tablet and Android phone.

ask me.

The lad gave me his old one, but I've grown to loathe the thing; never wear it as I don't like big plastic lumps on my wrists, and it sits next to a USB hub annoying me with its buzzing and whining.

I've got the Apple watch and the activity app drives me insane. ******* thing tells me to stand up, move, breath, etc when I'm driving. Apart from that, It's quite good.

Fuccing why, just walk . Will a fit bit really help?

So it kind of tells you how many steps you maybe did today.
I know blokes who **** off with a fit bit to improve their daily rep.

Just get out and walk , run , even **** FFS.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I decided to change my Versa Life clock face. Found a classic analogue watch. Looked good, but not au fait with the controls, it was a bitch to see how many steps I'd done. Changed to another digital face. Worked okay but kept changing the default sub display to heart rate instead of steps.

I've just today installed a full chronometer face, shows everything at once. I can still swipe up, down, left right to change panels.

Chronometer you stupid fúcking cúnting twátting speelchucker.

The wife received a fitbit as a gizzit at work and passed it on to the lad. He wore it for about a year before demanding a much better @pple watch, so we caved in and got him the @pple watch for xmas 2017. The @pple watch now sit's on his bedside locker unused and unworn.

The wife received a fitbit as a gizzit at work and passed it on to the lad. He wore it for about a year before demanding a much better @pple watch, so we caved in and got him the @pple watch for xmas 2017. The @pple watch now sit's on his bedside locker unused and unworn.
Apple watches remind me of the craze of the calculator watches back in the 70’s early 80’s, tons of people wore them for a week, then into the drawer.....

But which to go for, have looked at the Versa & Charge 3, but unsure on other makes?
Got a Fitbit Versa following a DVT several years ago, and Ive discovered the joy of hourly steps.

Im chuffed to say my resting heartrate is in the low 60 's nowadays and some previously quite snug t-shirts fit better too.

Some personal fitness trackers are worse than others for security. Some of the companies have made some questionable choices and some appear send data to unspecified third parties.
Fitness Trackers – 13 Wearables in a Security Test
Here Are the Most (and Least) Secure Fitness Trackers
We read your wearable tech's privacy policy so you don't have to
5 ways to boost security when using your fitness tracker
Tracking can become OTT if not careful: Why Fitness Trackers Are Losing Popularity | Digital Trends

Last edited:
The current mrs_mush has a Fitbit versa. Loves it. Can download music onto it to then play through her bluetooth headphones when she's running or swimming. Has a number of workouts and yoga moves installed on it to. Only thing it doesn't do is gps(unless) its paired with a phone. Oh and what sold it to her was the couch to 5k app on it which she used after recovering from her broken leg.

Hell no!
They're appallingly badly made. I used to work in a very large high-street retail chains warehouse. We'd get a cage of Fitbits that had been sold, but broke within warranty back every week or so.
This confirmed my own observations of the one I brought the wife, which went badly wrong after a few months.

You'd be much better off getting one of the identical, vastly cheaper products, made by another company on the market. I got one for the missus in 2016 its till going. It has had a couple of sync issues, but being smart enough to switch a PC on/walk and breathe at the same time, I was able to repair it and get it talking to her mobile again.

When you buy a Fitbit you're paying ~60 for a lower grade piece of crap with a name attached. See the Apple marketing strategy.

Just spotted the thread, I have a fitbit Alta Hr. Wife won it on a tv phone quiz, this morning I think.
The one with Holly big boobs...

Anyway she got it, didn't want it, so I nabbed it.
I just use to keep a weather eye on how active I am.
Wish it counted stairs as the hospital has millions of the buggers and I rarely use a lift.
20190831_113810.jpg

Criteria:
- Do you like wearing stuff on your wrists - yes then
- Do you have a decent smart phone - no then - they tell you all you need to know

I've just bought a S/H fitbit flex for £15 of eblag.
SWMBO has been nagging me to get fitter after some health issues earlier this year.
I will give it a try and report back.
If I don't like it then it will just go back on eblag.

I have a Charge 3, it showed that I did nearly 19000 steps and 142 floors, I didn't realise riding a motorbike was so hard.

Better than the previous Samsung offerings which were quite stingy in recognising a lot of the steps and stairs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills Classified Ads 1
chrisg46 Health and Fitness 6
Fang_Farrier Sports, Adventure Training and Events 12

Latest Threads