Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Home wins for Scottish teams in Europe, 2-0 to The Rangers, and a convincing 6-1 to Hibs. Let's see how long this lasts

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
The fitba’s ‘coming hame’ this weekend .

I’m sure over the season we’ll have the regular EPL fanboys drop in to tell us ‘it’s crap’. Possibly as early as Thursday night. Mon the sheep!
And of course the random accusations of paedophilia and supporting terrorism from the usual suspects, when things aren’t going well for whatever team/club/company that fits their agenda.

My predictions, can’t see past Celtic making it eight and possibly a treble treble. A few plucky performances in Europe, mixed in with the usual gubbings from the big boys if they get past the qualifiers.
The ‘Banter years’ continued today over at Ibrox with the news Big Mike Ashley at Sports Direct wasn’t really paid off. The team/club/company just seem to be continuing their weekly car crash with a host of new faces. Fighting with the Dons and Hibs for second. Chance of a cup.
The Dons are in safe hands with Derek but I have always found him uninspiring. A result on Thursday might change my mind. Kingsford is quite rightly the focus for the club. Chance of a cup.
The Hibees will probably go from fantastic to crap, and then back to fantastic over the course of the season. Neil Lennon will suffer regular abuse from the usual cretins and have a war of words with Craig Levein. Slim chance of a cup.
The Jambos and the rest of us will suffer another season listening to Craig Leveins pish. And to think the SFA employed this character/chancer. Top six finish.
Killie will be an interesting team to keep an eye on. Will Steve Clark improve the performances further? In or around the top six.
The rest will be avoiding relegation and hoping for some kind cup draws.

Alan Stubbs or Neil McCann as the first managerial casualty. Tommy Wright to move on.

No doubt come May I’ll be labelled Craig Leveins twin brother...........roll on Saturday!

Looks like a defensive lapse has cost us again. Much harder for Celtic now away with no cushion and AEK having the away goal. Packy Bonnar thinks we have the quality to score away goals, but have we the defensive quality to stop AEK? Many angry people on Twitter think both Lawell and Rodgers should go now, even more think we must strengthen our defence now. The last time I felt confident about Celtic’s defence Danny McGrain was wearing the hoops.

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I was hoping BR would have came out in his post match interview that the refs have it in for us in Europe, quickly chalking off AEK’s outrageous equaliser. Normal order restored. :number1:

Tough return tie with advantage AEK. Could be getting dumped into the europa early. The last time I felt confident about the defence was when Bobo and Johan Malby played. Ajer looked at fault for the goal but I would stick with him.

This will sound like sour grapes to some but the Celtic fans who unfurled their banner last night were right.
The current Champions league format is a joke, it should be for the Champions of their respective leagues.
Otherwise rename the bloody competition!

No doubt UEFA will fine the Club again for the banner.

To be fair Celtic should have sorted their defensive woes by now.

Ah well...Hail Hail!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This will sound like sour grapes to some but the Celtic fans who unfurled their banner last night were right.
The current Champions league format is a joke, it should be for the Champions of their respective leagues.
Otherwise rename the bloody competition!

No doubt UEFA will fine the Club again for the banner.

To be fair Celtic should have sorted their defensive woes by now.

Ah well...Hail Hail!
About those defensive woes?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Be nice now, no one likes to see supporters cry when their team lose….. twice in one week.
'I love every day at Celtic' - Brendan Rodgers after losing to Hearts
They lost a game... It happens. The centre back situation has been a serious issue for Celtic supporters for some time. It needs addressing and may be the wake up call needed for the board.

Fair play to Brendan though, at least he didn't have a mini meltdown claiming that the world is against The Rangers like the Scouse Guardiola did last week.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer