syrup

LE
Soooooo...

Bets on Ange Pange making it to xmas, anyone?

He'll be there
All this pressure is bollocks the Genius manager that is Gerrard has only returned one trophy from 9 in three years

Do you think Gerrard will still be there at Christmas?

Already out whinging about lack of spending and he's had to go early this year with the race card.

He'll be there
All this pressure is bollocks the Genius manager that is Gerrard has only returned one trophy from 9 in three years

Do you think Gerrard will still be there at Christmas?

Already out whinging about lack of spending and he's had to go early this year with the race card
My best guess is that if he survives the season, it will be his last. That said, he can save reputation points if he finds good reason to leave sooner. It was a good move for him in the beginning, but he has done all that can be achieved with the current top-level and their limited financial commitment. He might also see the fan base for what it is - not something to be really proud of.

Gabion Groyne

War Hero
After an awful first half where they couldn't construct anything and missed a penalty, what a performance from Scotland in the second. Came out all guns blazing and put almost constant pressure on Israel and McTominay got the winner with the ball bouncing off his knee at the back post after a corner from Super John McGinn.

It's been a long time since I've felt as worn out watching the national team but it was bedlam at the end - just like the old days!

DITA

MIA
Sad news.

One of the best the country has produced, and we've produced a fair few! Always tormented us; getting the better of a Walter Smith 11 was very few and far between for Aberdeen. The video of him handing Chick Young his ar*e will always make me chuckle. Top notch for the National team too.

RIP Walter.

Sad news.

One of the best the country has produced, and we've produced a fair few! Always tormented us; getting the better of a Walter Smith 11 was very few and far between for Aberdeen. The video of him handing Chick Young his ar*e will always make me chuckle. Top notch for the National team too.

RIP Walter.
Indeed, as I read elsewhere yesterday, he gave us lots of 1 - 0 humpings and ruined a decade for us.

RIP Walter

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Clearly, the Huns couldn't be allowed to lose after Walter's passing. Well done to John Beaton for stepping up and taking one for the Orange Order team and awarding a non-penalty.

Clearly, the Huns couldn't be allowed to lose after Walter's passing. Well done to John Beaton for stepping up and taking one for the Orange Order team and awarding a non-penalty.
Stephen Glass not hapoy:

On Sports sound last night it was asked by Chick Young who the referee was.

IIRC it was Richard Gordon who then said Beaton. Radio silence ensued for about 5 seconds afterwards, a long time to have dead air.
Gordon asked why to no reply with a few chuckles ensued.

Interesting.

DITA

MIA
The morning after hasn't healed the feeling of being robbed. Its an unusual feeling ads an Aberdeen fan to come away from Ibrox feeling that you've dropped two points. Never a free kick and never a penalty. But it was always going to happen last night.

If you'd asked me yesterday morning, I'd have been happy with the point. Its not the first time Brother Beaton has helped his team secure points. A damning indictment of Scottish Football, when supporters of a non-Glasgow based team are looking at who the ref is in their game to understand why a decision has gone the way it did. Pleased (if thats the right word?) that Cormac and Milne both showed the class of the club by laying a wreath pre-match, and that our travelling support did not give the weegia a story during the minutes silence.

To switch fire slightly, three weeks ago I was standing in the Bob Shankly Stand in Dundee, chanting with the Dundee fans that Glass should be sacked in the morning. Now my opinion has changed somewhat. Again. Secure a point or more v Hearts on Saturday and he can have the freedom of the city!! (jokes). But seriously, just shows how fickle football fans can be. The same fans that were screaming abuse at him in Dundee, were singing his praises a week later at Pittodrie. I'm not quite there yet, but to have 4 points form the last two games, when all the talk was about us being on the worst run in football since time began, well that tells its own story.

Keep moving upwards Dandies!

The morning after hasn't healed the feeling of being robbed. Its an unusual feeling ads an Aberdeen fan to come away from Ibrox feeling that you've dropped two points. Never a free kick and never a penalty. But it was always going to happen last night.

If you'd asked me yesterday morning, I'd have been happy with the point. Its not the first time Brother Beaton has helped his team secure points. A damning indictment of Scottish Football, when supporters of a non-Glasgow based team are looking at who the ref is in their game to understand why a decision has gone the way it did. Pleased (if thats the right word?) that Cormac and Milne both showed the class of the club by laying a wreath pre-match, and that our travelling support did not give the weegia a story during the minutes silence.

To switch fire slightly, three weeks ago I was standing in the Bob Shankly Stand in Dundee, chanting with the Dundee fans that Glass should be sacked in the morning. Now my opinion has changed somewhat. Again. Secure a point or more v Hearts on Saturday and he can have the freedom of the city!! (jokes). But seriously, just shows how fickle football fans can be. The same fans that were screaming abuse at him in Dundee, were singing his praises a week later at Pittodrie. I'm not quite there yet, but to have 4 points form the last two games, when all the talk was about us being on the worst run in football since time began, well that tells its own story.

Keep moving upwards Dandies!
I began watching football and followed Rangers in 1955. Since then, only five other clubs, apart from Celtic and Rangers, have won the Scottish League. The most recent of these, Aberdeen, occurred 36 years ago, next was Dundee United 34 years ago with Kilmarnock in third some 56 years ago!

If we consider the entire existence of senior Scottish Football since it began in 1890, only 9 clubs other than Rangers and Celtic have won the competition. Rangers have won it 55 times and been runners-up on 32 occasions. Celtic won on 51 occasions, and also runners up on 32 occasions.

In geographical terms, of the 125 seasons completed thus far since 1890, the Champions have come from Glasgow on 107 occasions.

I gave up somewhere around AD 1960. Frankly, the game only continues because of the Junkies that can't let it go............in the words one of my current favorite pastimes..............it's Pointless.

DITA

MIA
I began watching football and followed Rangers in 1955. Since then, only five other clubs, apart from Celtic and Rangers, have won the Scottish League. The most recent of these, Aberdeen, occurred 36 years ago, next was Dundee United 34 years ago with Kilmarnock in third some 56 years ago!

If we consider the entire existence of senior Scottish Football since it began in 1890, only 9 clubs other than Rangers and Celtic have won the competition. Rangers have won it 55 times and been runners-up on 32 occasions. Celtic won on 51 occasions, and also runners up on 32 occasions.

In geographical terms, of the 125 seasons completed thus far since 1890, the Champions have come from Glasgow on 107 occasions.

I gave up somewhere around AD 1960. Frankly, the game only continues because of the Junkies that can't let it go............in the words one of my current favorite pastimes..............it's Pointless.

Unsure if youre calling me a junkie... But I suppose being in Pittodrie every other weekend to support my team means I have to be on something...

Can you be addicted to blind faith and hope?

syrup

LE
Stephen Glass not hapoy:

On Sports sound last night it was asked by Chick Young who the referee was.

IIRC it was Richard Gordon who then said Beaton. Radio silence ensued for about 5 seconds afterwards, a long time to have dead air.
Gordon asked why to no reply with a few chuckles ensued.

Interesting.

On BBC Radio Scotland last night even the ex Rangers pro's couldn't believe it was a penalty.
Even Rangers fans on social media were calling it soft and some saying they would be raging if it was against them
Celtic fans were laying bets at halftime that there would be a penalty in the second half.

It would appear that he has made this one so obvious that no one is buying the "honest mistake" line anymore.

syrup

LE
BTW still on last nights football

Are we waiting for Ryan Porteous to cripple someone before action is taken?

Just back from a ban and last night in with a two foot flying tackle again that left stud marks on CalMac's shin.
Only a yellow card and he walked away smirking as if he knew he'd got away with one.

Only a matter of time before he delivers as real leg breaker

0_JS249019524.jpg

Gabion Groyne

War Hero

Just back from a ban and last night in with a two foot flying tackle again that left stud marks on CalMac's shin.
Only a yellow card and he walked away smirking as if he knew he'd got away with one.

0_JS249019524.jpg
I can't defend his loose cannon attitude as he's not an inexperienced player any more, but I watched the Clydebank v Elgin City game on Monday evening and there were two very similar tackles went in and only one got a yellow card.

There was also a tackle in the The Rangers v Hibs game by a home player which was every bit as dangerous but was ignored by the referee.

On BBC Radio Scotland last night even the ex Rangers pro's couldn't believe it was a penalty.
Even Rangers fans on social media were calling it soft and some saying they would be raging if it was against them
Celtic fans were laying bets at halftime that there would be a penalty in the second half.

It would appear that he has made this one so obvious that no one is buying the "honest mistake" line anymore.
P45 for Richard Gordon?

Definitely off message.

0_JS249019524.jpg
Porteous is becoming a right clown and a liability with his tackling.

Latest Threads