Gabion Groyne

War Hero
Wait? We actually won a game? Let joy be unconfined, and all that.

Was it on telly for normal people or only for Skyers?
I don't have Sky but you can watch it on Now TV which is Sky with a different strip for £9.99 for 24hrs.

Great win last night and some excellent play, although we dodged a couple of bullets with refereeing decisions.

1631121813431.png

LepetitCaporal

War Hero
Have i mentioned that there is only one team in Tayside ?... whatever !
Hope we get Rangers next round and we hump the fuds in the Diddy cup
it's always that

syrup

LE
Providing no evidence to support their claim suggests they cannot back it up or they are keeping their powder dry for the later stages of the investigation, but why would they do that unless there is something to hide? Is there an internal disagreement with Douglas Park?

Sounds like they are just playing true to form and producing faux-outrage as they are in a huge financial pit of their own making. Think there will be a lot of sweaty foreheads and loosening of collars in the boardroom (and cries of "WATP!") if the investigation comes out in favour of the SPFL, in which case all other clubs will have a right and duty to sue them for lost monies which would then, very quickly (or maybe not, given recent history), lead them to 'Liquidation - The Sequel'.

Their financial model (and very existence) depends entirely on success in Europe, making tomorrow night's game against Malmo have huge significance.

Rangers held talks to rename ground 'Cinch Ibrox Stadium' before sponsorship row​

Advocate Lord Keen of Elie QC said bosses at Rangers Football Club Ltd spoke to chiefs at online car retailer Cinch about renaming the club’s stadium.

The parent company of Rangers entered negotiations to rename Ibrox with a firm that secured an SPFL sponsorship deal, a court has heard.

Advocate Lord Keen of Elie QC said bosses at Rangers Football Club Ltd spoke to chiefs at online car retailer Cinch about renaming the club’s stadium.

The lawyer told the Court of Session on Wednesday that the organisations explored the possibility of calling the club’s home ‘the cinch Ibrox stadium.’

Lord Keen spoke during a hearing in which the SFA succeeded in a bid to gain permission to appeal against an interim interdict which had been granted against it earlier this year.

The lawyer also told Lord Braid that Rangers Football Club Ltd was also involved in negotiations with cinch.

He said the facts surrounding the case made it important for the unredacted document to be given to the court.

He said: “The fact is that right up to June 7, Rangers Football Club Limited was negotiating with cinch to sell them the naming rights to Ibrox so it became the cinch Ibrox stadium and of course that was a proposal of considerable value to Rangers Football Club Ltd.

From the article

The Scottish champions are currently refusing to allow cinch’s branding on team shirts or an advertising boards.

Yet as far as I can see neither do they have Parks of Hamilton on team shirts or advertising boards

Can representatives of the "Queens 11" call a member of the Queens Counsel a liar?

Rangers held talks to rename ground 'Cinch Ibrox Stadium' before sponsorship row​

The parent company of Rangers entered negotiations to rename Ibrox with a firm that secured an SPFL sponsorship deal, a court has heard.

The lawyer told the Court of Session on Wednesday that the organisations explored the possibility of calling the club’s home ‘the cinch Ibrox stadium.’

Lord Keen spoke during a hearing in which the SFA succeeded in a bid to gain permission to appeal against an interim interdict which had been granted against it earlier this year.

The lawyer also told Lord Braid that Rangers Football Club Ltd was also involved in negotiations with cinch.

He said the facts surrounding the case made it important for the unredacted document to be given to the court.

He said: “The fact is that right up to June 7, Rangers Football Club Limited was negotiating with cinch to sell them the naming rights to Ibrox so it became the cinch Ibrox stadium and of course that was a proposal of considerable value to Rangers Football Club Ltd.

From the article

The Scottish champions are currently refusing to allow cinch’s branding on team shirts or an advertising boards.

Yet as far as I can see neither do they have Parks of Hamilton on team shirts or advertising boards

Can representatives of the "Queens 11" call a member of the Queens Counsel a liar?

They can have 'Kinch' for free .................... as long as they never ever allow me to enter their hallowed ground should I have a melt-down and forget the rubbish they have been passing off as 'Premier' football! Celtic can have Kinchboyo on the same terms!

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
To those that have an interest in the use of the word 'Hun' as an offensive word.

After some research, I have found that Rangers supporters deem it as a sectarian word and there was (is) a campaign to get the word banned with regard to the football scene.

A Sherriff (Judge) in Scotland has punished somebody for the use of the word on a T shirt, but the word was preceeded with the words 'dirty and horrible.' It was deemed to be a religiously aggravated breach of the peace, and he was bound over for a year. This was in 2008 and I can find no other examples or recent case law. This word is used 1000's of times a year without the authorities getting involved.

Ofcom have said in the past that the use of the word is in the same bracket as 'Nazi' & 'Jock' and is only mildly offensive. On the Ofcom descriptive word list, it is listed as: "Mild language, generally of little concern. However, seen as less acceptable by those familiar with the history and use of the term as a sectarian insult. Others unfamiliar with its use as an insult assumed it was an abbreviation of ‘honey’."

Source: Ofcom

I believe that the word is offensive to the majority of Rangers supporters, but not against the law and therefore not against site rules. It wouldn't be a recommendation to use this word in a Glasgow Pub, but we are far removed from that scene.

This is a loosly based (anonomous) military website where some robust language is tolerated, further still, this is a football forum where passions run high, and I can see why some people would find the need to report such language, but, as I see it, those complaints will, for now anyway, be dismissed.

For those that insist on using it, this says more about you than it does for the person you aim it at.

Play nice.

Last edited:
To those that have an interest in the use of the word 'Hun' as an offensive word.

After some research, I have found that Rangers supporters deem it as a sectarian word and there was (is) a campaign to get the word banned with regard to the football scene.

A Sherriff (Judge) in Scotland has punished somebody up for the use of the word on a T shirt, but the word was proceeded with the words 'dirty and horrible.' It was deemed to be a religiously aggravated breach of the peace, and he was bound over for a year. This was in 2008 and I can find no other examples or recent case law. This word is used 1000's of times a year without the authorities getting involved.

Ofcom have said in the past that the use of the word is in the same bracket as 'Nazi' & 'Jock' and is only mildly offensive. On the Ofcom descriptive word list, it is listed as "Mild language, generally of little concern. However, seen as less acceptable by those familiar with the history and use of the term as a sectarian insult. Others unfamiliar with its use as an insult assumed it
was an abbreviation of ‘honey’."
Source: Ofcom

I believe that the word is offensive to the majority of Rangers supporters, but not against the law and therefore not against site rules. It wouldn't be a recommendation to use this word in a Glasgow Pub, but we are far removed from that scene.

This is a loosly based (anonomous) military website where some robust language is tolerated, further still, this is a football forum where passions run high, and I can see why some people would find the need to report such language, but, as I see it, those complaints will, for now anyway, be dismissed.

For those that insist on using it, this says more about you than it does for the person you aim it at.

Play nice.

Scottish football is an acquired taste, for some reason folk all over the world watch it….

Jasenite

Old-Salt
C'mon guys Scottish football is a joke (as is N Ireland/Welsh Football). As soon as a Scottish footballer shows a modicum of talent he is off to play in England or elsewhere where the "game" is really played. Mods please close this thread it is somewhat embarrassing.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
C'mon guys Scottish football is a joke (as is N Ireland/Welsh Football). As soon as a Scottish footballer shows a modicum of talent he is off to play in England or elsewhere where the "game" is really played. Mods please close this thread it is somewhat embarrassing.
Following another in depth review, It has been found that this thread is 117.4% less embarrasing than the poo poo thread, so it stays old boy.

From the article

Cinch Siro?

Despite having a Mother hailing from Pollock in Glasgow, I have no interest in things 'Scotch. :smile:

Just trying to keep your wee thread rolling along.

That much is evident as I'm sure she more likely hails from Pollok :grin:

(Spelling Nazism is typically gauche though my wife hails from that place too and she chinned me for spelling it wrong:roll:)

Latest Threads