How are you coping?
No surprise really.

The corruption we have witnessed was always going to allow this to happen. The Dundee vote fiasco confirmed it. To say otherwise is ridiculous and it has ended badly for Dundee due to their short sightedness and greed, with the SPFL dangling a knowingly false pretence of league reconstruction. Same for Budge.

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No surprise really.

The corruption we have witnessed was always going to allow this to happen. The Dundee vote fiasco confirmed it. To say otherwise is ridiculous and it has ended badly for Dundee due to their short sightedness and greed, with the SPFL dangling a knowingly false pretence of league reconstruction. Same for Budge.
I think what was going to allow this to happen was the result of the points accumulated by teams in the period when football was still deemed safe to play.

This lead to a situation at the top where the difference was significant and would have needed a major change in performances in the top 2 clubs.

The bottom portion is not so clear but the least successful team at the end of the shortened season went down, exactly the same as if the season had been full length

I think what was going to allow this to happen was the result of the points accumulated by teams in the period when football was still deemed safe to play.

This lead to a situation at the top where the difference was significant and would have needed a major change in performances in the top 2 clubs.

The bottom portion is not so clear but the least successful team at the end of the shortened season went down, exactly the same as if the season had been full length

I don't see corruption here. Incompetence, yes. A few 'good' men looking after their own interests above any idea of integrity, yes. It is common enough, those that have the most will do anything to hang onto it. All professional football leagues are the same now. The game is not about integrity and honour it is all about money. Win at any cost is the order of the day. Sadly most sport is heading down the same road.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
Looking forward to the bright future of next season when hope will spring eternal, what are your predictions for your team and moves in the transfer window. I’ll start with my team, Celtic, just in case you hadn’t noticed.

Scott Brown, will stay on as Captain but might limit games, to let McGregor get experience as Captain.

Fraser Forster, pay whatever Southampton want to get him back. Bain to stay as no 2 choice, Gordon may want to leave can go with thanks.

Ajer, if he wants to go make sure we get the best price possible and secure a good replacement.

Odsonne Edouard, offer everything to keep him for one more season. Obviously try and bring someone in to potentially replace him.

Leigh Griffiths, keep him, he’s good whether he’s on his own or working with a partner. It was looking like him and French Eddy were forming quite a good partnership.

Rogic, might be time for him to move on now. We always seem to have a large amount of midfielders in the squad, and he really needs a good long run in the squad to be at his best. There’s talent enough in the squad to keep him out at the moment.

Frimpong, would like to see lots more of this young talent and see him stay at least one more season. Another one that could be for moving on, I don’t think he’s Van Dijk potential but he could earn us a pretty penny.

That’s all for the moment, off to think about it more. What about your team?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looking forward to the bright future of next season when hope will spring eternal, what are your predictions for your team and moves in the transfer window. I’ll start with my team, Celtic, just in case you hadn’t noticed.

Scott Brown, will stay on as Captain but might limit games, to let McGregor get experience as Captain.

Fraser Forster, pay whatever Southampton want to get him back. Bain to stay as no 2 choice, Gordon may want to leave can go with thanks.

Ajer, if he wants to go make sure we get the best price possible and secure a good replacement.

Odsonne Edouard, offer everything to keep him for one more season. Obviously try and bring someone in to potentially replace him.

Leigh Griffiths, keep him, he’s good whether he’s on his own or working with a partner. It was looking like him and French Eddy were forming quite a good partnership.

Rogic, might be time for him to move on now. We always seem to have a large amount of midfielders in the squad, and he really needs a good long run in the squad to be at his best. There’s talent enough in the squad to keep him out at the moment.

Frimpong, would like to see lots more of this young talent and see him stay at least one more season. Another one that could be for moving on, I don’t think he’s Van Dijk potential but he could earn us a pretty penny.

That’s all for the moment, off to think about it more. What about your team?
Tiny Miss F to stay in the training squad for Embo AFC.

Staying in the under 8's.

TamH70

MIA
You should identify yourself with a good scots irish name like william or so forth…...

Will the referee keep clear of your chair…...
Is it safe?

Could be worse..........he could be 50.
If it was a daft wee lad I could sort of understand but a 49 year old man? He will be the type who wears his mhanky green and grey hoops top 24/7, reeking of B.O and singing rebel songs on his package holiday in the Costa del sol, despite having never stepped foot in Ireland or Ulstser.

Genuinely puzzled as to why you would want to go to your rival's ground unless it was for a game, let alone break into it at night, during a pandemic in lockdown. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the meccano dome.

If it was a daft wee lad I could sort of understand but a 49 year old man? He will be the type who wears his mhanky green and grey hoops top 24/7, reeking of B.O and singing rebel songs on his package holiday in the Costa del sol, despite having never stepped foot in Ireland or Ulstser.

Genuinely puzzled as to why you would want to go to your rival's ground unless it was for a game, let alone break into it at night, during a pandemic in lockdown. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the meccano dome.
Still raging I see.

Surely you meant to say Potato Bowl.

Latest Threads