Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I meant “faith” as in faith in themselves; in that they can find it within themselves to beat other teams. Not “faith” in a quasi religious sense, no matter what their fans may or may not believe about the “religious experience” of visiting Ibrox. At the moment watching their performances there can be only two explanations; they don’t believe they can beat other teams or their tactics are too inflexible and have now been “sussed” by their opponents. Whilst it appears that Celtic do have belief in themselves that they can beat any other team and are able to grind other teams down and overwhelm them even if they are behind.
Keep the faith, Brother.

DITA

MIA
Almost every SPL club bar Killie voted against Rangers to stay in the top tier. Much of the opposition was led by the late Turnbull Hutton, of Raith Rovers.

Newco Rangers started in the 3rd tier at the expense of Spartans (I believe)

All Timmy's fault though.....
It was Aberdeen's vote that counted though :cool:

'Dons send Gers down' I believe (I dont, I know... I've got the t-shirt at home :D) the headline went.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s very clear scanning through the coverage of the weekend’s result that Mr Gerrard is “frustrated” to say the least, looking at some of the opinion pieces you get the impression that some people believe Mr Gerrard may elect to walk away if he can’t secure a trophy. No doubt the lack of success is starting to weigh more on people’s minds, a lack of tangible success can be easily explained away in your first season in charge, “inherited squad”, “building for the future”, “not his players” etc. But in a second season in charge, in Scotland, where many believe it would be fairly easy for Gerrard to sweep the complete board and win the treble, to not win any trophies, even if you do have a good run in Europe, may be seen as a telling indicator of his managerial abilities. Whilst we all know that the financial gulf between Celtic and Rangers is significant, and only appears to be going to get more, that’s not going to be really widely known down in England where obviously Gerrard’s main ambitions remain.

Could Gerrard just decide to cut his losses and walk away? Or would that inflict fatal damage to any future managerial ambitions?

It’s very clear scanning through the coverage of the weekend’s result that Mr Gerrard is “frustrated” to say the least, looking at some of the opinion pieces you get the impression that some people believe Mr Gerrard may elect to walk away if he can’t secure a trophy. No doubt the lack of success is starting to weigh more on people’s minds, a lack of tangible success can be easily explained away in your first season in charge, “inherited squad”, “building for the future”, “not his players” etc. But in a second season in charge, in Scotland, where many believe it would be fairly easy for Gerrard to sweep the complete board and win the treble, to not win any trophies, even if you do have a good run in Europe, may be seen as a telling indicator of his managerial abilities. Whilst we all know that the financial gulf between Celtic and Rangers is significant, and only appears to be going to get more, that’s not going to be really widely known down in England where obviously Gerrard’s main ambitions remain.

Could Gerrard just decide to cut his losses and walk away? Or would that inflict fatal damage to any future managerial ambitions?
I can't see him walking away to be honest. The situation may be down to his management style. I have heard that great players going into management often expect to much of players simply not up their level of greatness when they played. Keane and Hoddle spring to mind.
Criticising your players in public may also be part of the issue, either way it was a masterstroke of PR to get him there in the first place with his glittering playing career. If he did walk away it would most probably set him back a few years regarding the Liverpool job.

If it is proven then those responsible should be dealt with accordingly and victims compensated.

Using child abuse to point score is disgusting but you seem to revel in flagging this up. Funnily enough it seems to crop up when things are bad at Ibrox.

I notice that the link mentions other scottish clubs also.

Glass houses and all that.
Point scoring and whataboutery. The standard cry when this subject is broached. The club rehired a coach after he had been "booted out of celtic park". As it stands no other club has matched this feat...

Read the first line of my reply to you.
It's current affairs and relevant to football in Scotland. Nothing to revel in, hopefully justice and closure after years of denial.

Reserves a table at the gallowgate public house the Brendan for Bohs & Clunge to meet-up and amicably verbally joust each other until they both get pished on morretti(or whatever is served there)

Reserves a table at the gallowgate public house the Brendan for Bohs & Clunge to meet-up and amicably verbally joust each other until they both get pished on morretti(or whatever is served there)
I'd fear for my safety in the gallowgate given I'm still serving and the anti british sentiment that ferments the area...

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

Gerrard's doing a decent job in my opinion. It has to be remembered that he's still serving his apprenticeship in many ways. Seems fairly obvious that Celtic's depth and mental strength will be hard to overcome but he's making progress. Doubt he'd walk, especially this early.

I'd fear for my safety in the gallowgate given I'm still serving and the anti british sentiment that ferments the area...
You do realise there’s Celtic supporters sprinkled throughout the army, feck sake clunge even the then RHF had Celtic fans. The Scots btns are all mixed up all thanks to manning

Unless of course you’re a known man that can’t go twenty paces east of the Loudon bar next to the bread factory

You do realise there’s Celtic supporters sprinkled throughout the army, feck sake clunge even the then RHF had Celtic fans. The Scots btns are all mixed up all thanks to manning

Unless of course you’re a known man that can’t go twenty paces east of the Loudon bar next to the bread factory
Very few and far between from my time attached to them. Also, been an instance where one of them was caught posing for a photograph wearing an IRA supporting item of clothing

I'm sure all the pubs in the east end would be delighted to host fellow fans that work for the British Army, and at no point would they face any animosity because of this..

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
@Clunge

Start your own thread, with regard to what tuppence ha'penny rags masquerading as newspapers are printing.

It adds nothing to the smooth flowing of this thread.

If you post anymore, you'll be thread banned. Stop shit stirring.

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer

I know a holder of the Queens Commission whose also a ST holder at Parkhead, the only Battalion/Regiment I knew where football affiliation could be a problem/issue was KOSB. Even then they had an RSM who followed the “bhoys”, indeed there’s lot of serving members of RRS who follow Celtic from Private to Warrant Officer, never mind those poor unfortunate souls who serve in the other parts of the Army not blessed to be clothed in Government no 2 Tartan.

@Clunge

Start your own thread, with regard to what tuppence ha'penny rags masquerading as newspapers are printing.

It adds nothing to the smooth flowing of this thread.

If you post anymore, you'll be thread banned. Stop shit stirring.
Posting current affairs about football in Scotland from one of the country's biggest selling tabloids leads to a ban? Roger.

I know a holder of the Queens Commission whose also a ST holder at Parkhead, the only Battalion/Regiment I knew where football affiliation could be a problem/issue was KOSB. Even then they had an RSM who followed the “bhoys”, indeed there’s lot of serving members of RRS who follow Celtic from Private to Warrant Officer, never mind those poor unfortunate souls who serve in the other parts of the Army not blessed to be clothed in Government no 2 Tartan.
Including this serving officer and many friends across the army serving and ex. Shock horror i even wore a poppy on my green and white scarf at the Gallowgate and Celtic park last year.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
SFA has banned heading practice for under 12s.

Reasonable enough reaction to the published research into the effect of head impact.

They have not banned it in games where it is an occasional occurrence but the repetitive heading in training is no longer to happen.

Last edited:

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
SFA has banned heading practice for under 12s.

Reasonable enough reaction to the published research into the effect of head impact.

They have banned it in games where it is an occasional occurrence but the repetitive heading in training is no longer to happen.
I believe “they have NOT banned it in games” is actually correct, but you’re a dentist and have weird thumbs, so we’ll forgive you. Just this once mind.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I believe “they have NOT banned it in games” is actually correct, but you’re a dentist and have weird thumbs, so we’ll forgive you. Just this once mind.
You are correct, a minor typo on my behalf but important.

Latest Threads