I'm sorry I am just bitter and twisted having been around long enough to see our playing standards drop so low from what was a very good high. I remember us attending world cups regularly once we decided to enter them. I remember having the best over England who were themselves no mean team. All gone in my lifetime, we can't even beat Wales regularly any more.

I'm sorry I am just bitter and twisted having been around long enough to see our playing standards drop so low from what was a very good high. I remember us attending world cups regularly once we decided to enter them. I remember having the best over England who were themselves no mean team. All gone in my lifetime, we can't even beat Wales regularly any more.
I too am of that ilk. I don't think it will come back in our lifetime

All thanks to the few top teams who have, by there dominance in the voting of old became a 10 team closed shop. Made up stupid rules to keep smaller teams out of 'their' league then neutered The Scottish Football league. The SFA sits and watches, fiddling while the Scottish game burns, the SPL playing their change the format roulette game in the chase for greater income for the top 12 now. The creation of the championship is just rearranging the deckchairs. Attendances are falling, small clubs wasted fortunes they didn't have building huge stadiums with lots of empty seats in an attempt to join the fat cats. We have seen it all. Football is rapidly losing its attraction to its roots, the working man. The profesional games is all but gone.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Due to circumstances beyond my control, tiny Miss F has started attending football.
Now fair enough it's a wee local club and it's free. However for grass roots football the difference between it and my own experience of rugby is startling.
A few of those differences.
Boys v girls. Usually around 22 attend in the junior group P1-4. 5boys to 17girls.
This week the weather was horrendous, lashing down rain, so only 10 there 1boy, 9girls. And the boy went into clubhouse during the drills and only emerged for the game.
Drills. When we started players in rugby, albeit at aged 8, we concentrated on the very basics. Ie this is a pass, this is how to hold ball.
In football it seems that even aged 5 there is no work on these and it's expected to be able to do that already.
Games. This is just during training sessions as Tiny is a long way off that, but it appears that the boys all just want to be goal scorers, do bugger all work, hang around the goalmouth shouting for the ball, which when passed to them, they inevitably miss!

I realise that this is perhaps a generalisation and may not be seen elsewhere but we are certainly failing to build the necessary skills from a very young age.

Great to see Armed Forces day celebrated today at Ibrox, and a nice 3 points against a typically stuffy Livingston.

FB_IMG_1568496205251.jpg

DITA

MIA
Just reading the sad news that Fernando Ricksen has lost his battle with MND.

A player that was disliked when he was playing against you, but you would have loved to have on your team.

RIP from this Aberdeen fan.

syrup

LE
Just reading the sad news that Fernando Ricksen has lost his battle with MND.

A player that was disliked when he was playing against you, but you would have loved to have on your team.

RIP from this Aberdeen fan.

RIP from a Celtic Fan also

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sad news. Same dreadful illness that Doddie Weir has.

TamH70

MIA
Great win tonight for the Queen's 11, did Fernando proud.

Another strong performance from the Queen's XI, nice to see some fringe players like Stewart get game time and perform well.
Screenshot_20190928-165336_FlashScores.jpg

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Sad to see Craig Levein punted. Given time he would have restored the natural order and revolutionised Scottish fitba. Hearts loss is the blue Brazilians gain.

How do you win 5-0 and it's a great win but we win 4-0 and Aberdeen laid down for us?
Never said they did? Aberdeen are a shadow of the team they were last season.

Not you personally but there was a backlash across some sites that they had laid down for Celtic
Nah, Aberdeen are just poor this year.

witsend

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Rangers announce £11.3m annual loss, with turnover up 63%

https://media.rangers.co.uk/uploads/2019/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2019.pdf

I see the ‘Bears’ have released their financial figures for the year on a Friday night. Bad news to bury?
Surely they’re not on the road to financial armageddon again, because they don’t appear to look very healthy. The auditors commenting they’re a concern with 10m + needed to reach the end of the season with none of the figures taking into account this summers spending.

Chairman cold shouldered by the City of London and anyone association with him.
11m loss added to last years 13m odd.
Various court cases lost and compensation claims.

First thing they need to do IMO, is get shot of the chairman, like yesterday.

2020 could be a classic ‘Banter’ year........haha, haha, we are the Billy boys. We’re up to our necks in f*cking debt, we don’t give a f*ck, we are Sevco Billy boys..... haha haha

Latest Threads