Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIT Stool Test

RTU'd

Old-Salt
Seems the days of having iron guts & eating crap food in the naafi have come back to haunt me!

I have to have a FIT Stool test to check for cancer, but also for IBS & diverticulitis the last 2 both my Gran & Nan had. Any advice from fellow sufferers and obviously a fair amount of ribbing for needing to be on sick parade.

Doc results back in 10 days.

A big change in diet is required & starting to read up on good/bad foods.

Hope this helps! (Bristol Stool Chart!)

1603439713332.png

Seriously, hope you're OK.

Seems the days of having iron guts & eating crap food in the naafi have come back to haunt me!

I have to have a FIT Stool test to check for cancer, but also for IBS & diverticulitis the last 2 both my Gran & Nan had. Any advice from fellow sufferers and obviously a fair amount of ribbing for needing to be on sick parade.

The FIT test isn't diagnostic for bowel cancer, so I wouldn't get too panicky if I were you.

Funny somebody should bring this topic up just now.
I've radically changed my diet over the last couple of months eating less fatty red meat and more fresh fruit and veg and fish.
The change in my stools has been remarkable. Instead of a brown slush I now pass well formed normal stools.
I was so proud of one that I snapped it for my family album. The size looks impressive and scared me a little at first but they pass through the trap very easily considering the girth.

PS.

In case anyone's wondering about the loo, it's one of the old German models with a presentation tray.

20200911_073926_copy_1816x3868.jpg

I've radically changed my diet over the last couple of months eating less fatty red meat and more fresh fruit and veg and fish.
The change in my stools has been remarkable. Instead of a brown slush I now pass well formed normal stools.
I was so proud of one that I snapped it for my family album. The size looks impressive and scared me a little at first but they pass through the trap very easily considering the girth.

PS.

In case anyone's wondering about the loo, it's one of the old German models with a presentation tray.

View attachment 514345

Was it a seated or squat press?

tiv

LE
FWIW I've had a worsening problem with constipation for years and three things that help me are Wholemeal Bread, All-Bran cereal and Peppermint Infusions. YMMV

Last edited:

soleil

War Hero

Have you been referred to a dietitian at this point, RTU'd?

PS.

View attachment 514345

That didn't land as planned, artillery by any chance?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

PS.

View attachment 514345
You festering mincer !
Did that just fall out of your slack hoop while you skipped to the Blue Oyster ?

That‘s a shitter.

There's a lot of contradicting theories out there with very little decent science to back them up. For instance if you dig into studies that tell you fatty red meat is bad for you, you find that the related diets were high in carbohydrates too. One thing that seems to be getting universal approval is dropping sugars. Personally, I'm pro high fat, and lots of green and red veg. Every so often, having rice with a curry. No doubt about it I'll slip back to my old ways then the trousers will get tight.

PS.

View attachment 514345

Morning @kelvin_273,
Is that heading down or trying to escape upwards?
Hope all gets better though.

PS.

View attachment 514345
I bet your missus really enjoyed clearing up after that.

soleil

War Hero
Not yet, but its in the pipeline through GP

You will get good advice from the dietitian which is tailored to your particular needs, hopefully.

I see one a couple of times a year because I had a late diagnosis of coeliac disease.

What do you eat on a typical day?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

PS.

View attachment 514345
Guess you were never a bomb aimer then?