Fit birds in uniform

Joanne Dru in "She wore a yellow ribbon"

03e0ca768f938f6f99e38007690e80e3.jpg
she-wore-a-yellow-ribbon-5.jpg

These days I think I`d assume that position in a short distance carrying that weight.
That was from the 173rd’s combat jump into Iraq in 2003. He had to jump with, and then carry, that load. My knees and back ache just looking at that picture.
It reminds me of struggling to get on the aircraft in N'Djamena for a combat drop in Chad in January 1984.
On the plane, off the plane, three friggin' times and the drop was canned because of a sandstorm. Our bergans were stuffed with as much ammo as we could carry, plus water and a day's rations. God, we were up for it. It would have been the first combat drop since Kolwezi.

Joanne Dru in "She wore a yellow ribbon"

03e0ca768f938f6f99e38007690e80e3.jpg
she-wore-a-yellow-ribbon-5.jpg

I'll see your Joanne Dru and raise you a Larisa Golubkina from the Russian film Hussar Ballad (1962)...

7nmlljsXWtUtK4oKmyWvCCYnEik.jpg

1642712011434.jpeg

These days I think I`d assume that position in a short distance carrying that weight.
Pah.

if it's anything like the TV presenters "slogging" around the South Coast Path or up and down hills in the Lake District with anything from day sacks to BFO bergens - it's full of polystyrene blocks and bubble wrap.

Just like we carried up the Pen*.

*Wakes up from surreal dream*

Latest Threads